Author Topic: "Isolated parking" issue **SOLVED**  (Read 8742 times)

alpet

"Isolated parking" issue **SOLVED**
« on: January 02, 2022, 10:32:05 pm »
Guys,

I'm now moving from P3Dv4.5 to P3Dv5.3 and, while setting everything up, got a very weird bug with GSX which is not working at any stand in UUEE Sheremetyevo scenery from DD - even it used to work perfectly with P3Dv4.5 version of the same scenery.

So, when I try to open a GSX menu I get a message that "This parking is isolated. Ground services are not available". In the meantime the provided AFCAD is perfectly fine, as you may see from the attached screenshot.

I tried to update GSX, to restart Couatl and to regenerate cash but it did not help at all...

Any suggestions? Probably need to do something with GSX .ini profile stored for P3Dv4.5, or whatever?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:54:59 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Isolated parking" issue
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 11:27:20 pm »
I'm sorry but, your screenshot are too garbled to be readable and, from a single screenshot is not possible to be sure the parking is correctly connected, sometimes you need to check all nodes that lead to it, one by one, to discover the error. Or, run the ADE "Fault Finder" tool to get a report of problems.

Also, is GSX reading that AFCAD ?

It's possible the scenery has been updated, some gates changed, but you already made a GSX profile for it, customizing a gate that might not exists anymore, or has been changed/moved/renamed ?

And, are you using a GSX profile you made, something you downloaded or does it came with the scenery ?

The GSX scenery customization page, of course, will tell you all of that, as in:

- The AFCAD currently in use by GSX

- If you have GSX profiles active, and if they are designer-provided or user-made.

alpet

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 11:52:14 pm »
I'm sorry but, your screenshot are too garbled to be readable and, from a single screenshot is not possible to be sure the parking is correctly connected, sometimes you need to check all nodes that lead to it, one by one, to discover the error. Or, run the ADE "Fault Finder" tool to get a report of problems.

Also, is GSX reading that AFCAD ?

It's possible the scenery has been updated, some gates changed, but you already made a GSX profile for it, customizing a gate that might not exists anymore, or has been changed/moved/renamed ?

And, are you using a GSX profile you made, something you downloaded or does it came with the scenery ?

The GSX scenery customization page, of course, will tell you all of that, as in:

- The AFCAD currently in use by GSX

- If you have GSX profiles active, and if they are designer-provided or user-made.
Hello Umberto,

Pls see attached images. So, afcad path and name are correct, also there is "designer-provided data" status on the left.

I did nothing except I installed scenery from main installer. Also I can't remember any problems with this scenery when I installed it for P3Dv4.5 a couple of years ago.

It's also interesting that I cannot use custom textures menu as well - the [...] button is simply inactive in the customization menu for both handling and catering services.

alpet

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 12:11:45 am »
Also Airport Designer Editor says there is only 1 fault with the said afcad - but it looks like it has been specially made to make a taxiway bridge above road. Otherwise all seems to be fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 09:53:10 am »
Fact is, ADE fault finder likely won't tell you about isolated parkings, it's not possible to tell what the problem is without checking:

- The actual .BGL

- The GSX .INI profile supplied with it.

I need to check both of them, please use the support email to send them. Also, please clarify if the isolated parking message comes ONLY on that specific parking, or elsewhere in the scenery.

alpet

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 01:52:05 pm »
Fact is, ADE fault finder likely won't tell you about isolated parkings, it's not possible to tell what the problem is without checking:

- The actual .BGL

- The GSX .INI profile supplied with it.

I need to check both of them, please use the support email to send them. Also, please clarify if the isolated parking message comes ONLY on that specific parking, or elsewhere in the scenery.
Hello Umberto, I have just sent you the respective afcad file via support email.

In the meantime please note there is no any ini file in the scenery folder... even GSX customization menu says there is "designer-provided data" in use.

alpet

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 02:08:02 pm »
Well, it looks like I ocasionally found what was going on here... the problem is that if you have your own .ini file made earlier for Prepar3Dv4, you must remove it from Virtuali/GSX folder and/or from the scenery folder.
As soon as you do that, GSX starts to work properly.

But I don't understand how to handle both sims together in this case (if you need to have different .ini files for v4 and v5, and .ini file for v4 corrupts GSX for v5)...

alpet

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 02:10:35 pm »
Well... but GSX customization still does not work... i.e. custom texture buttons are inactive for both handling and catering...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 05:35:44 pm »
I tried the BGL and the .INI you sent me, and the result is exactly how's supposed to work:

- with just the .BGL, everything works normally, and I can customize the catering, for example, with no issues at any parking.

- with the .INI file, which was made for P3D4 and used a different .BGL filename ( so I had to rename the filename in the .INI from UUEE_AD.BGL to UUEE_ADE.BGL, the path doesn't matter ), opening the customization page and making changes, would result in the creation of a NEW .INI, with a different random name, the line p3d5only = 1 in the .INI and a list of comments to indicate all parking spots which contained a custom texture, telling it was removed back to default.

- Yes, if I didn't choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache", I could see the "isolated parking" message, but after using such option, it went away, and the new file could be configured normally.

alpet

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 11:34:30 am »
I tried the BGL and the .INI you sent me, and the result is exactly how's supposed to work:

- with just the .BGL, everything works normally, and I can customize the catering, for example, with no issues at any parking.

- with the .INI file, which was made for P3D4 and used a different .BGL filename ( so I had to rename the filename in the .INI from UUEE_AD.BGL to UUEE_ADE.BGL, the path doesn't matter ), opening the customization page and making changes, would result in the creation of a NEW .INI, with a different random name, the line p3d5only = 1 in the .INI and a list of comments to indicate all parking spots which contained a custom texture, telling it was removed back to default.

- Yes, if I didn't choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache", I could see the "isolated parking" message, but after using such option, it went away, and the new file could be configured normally.
Hi Umberto,

Do you mean you can upload logos for handling and catering? Because I can only choose handling and catering options from drop-down lists but customization texture buttons don't work for me (they are simply inactive).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2022, 03:26:00 pm »
Do you mean you can upload logos for handling and catering? Because I can only choose handling and catering options from drop-down lists but customization texture buttons don't work for me (they are simply inactive).

Of course, it works perfectly fine with your texture. The only thing I had to do ( but only to fix the "isolated parking message" ) was to recreate the airport cache after customizing the gates.

alpet

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2022, 07:24:24 pm »

Of course, it works perfectly fine with your texture. The only thing I had to do ( but only to fix the "isolated parking message" ) was to recreate the airport cache after customizing the gates.
Noted. But why I can't install custom textures in ANY airport now? I even tried to reinstall GSX from scratch but these two buttons generally do not work for me...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2022, 08:22:17 am »
Noted. But why I can't install custom textures in ANY airport now? I even tried to reinstall GSX from scratch but these two buttons generally do not work for me...

I cannot possibly explain that, considering your custom texture, with your .BGL, worked perfectly fine here.

alpet

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2022, 03:34:46 pm »

I cannot possibly explain that, considering your custom texture, with your .BGL, worked perfectly fine here.
Ok, thank you. Should I open another topic to get a support for no customization options available?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2022, 11:05:43 am »
Ok, thank you. Should I open another topic to get a support for no customization options available?

No, because I already tried what you reported here, and couldn't replicate it so, no use to open another thread to the same answer. You can try to clear all your custom settings, by removing this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

MOVE it to a different place because, if you just remove it, you'll lose ALL your customizations for airports, textures, planes, everything. It's just for testing.