Author Topic: FSDT not updating  (Read 1312 times)

DimondDave1335

FSDT not updating
« on: December 27, 2021, 07:58:39 pm »
I have come to and end. I just purchased KFLL and KORD for fsx and now i am getting 2 messages. The first one is everytime I try to run the FSDT Live update I get this:

The updater cannot connect to the internet. This is usually caused by a firewall/antivirus. Please disable it and run the FSDT Live Updater again from the desktop, to be sure to get the latest files.

The second one is through FSX when i try to put my registration key in it says this:

The Couatl scripting engine hasn't started. This is usually caused by an antivirus that has blocked it. To fix this problem:Exit from the Simulator, Configure the antivirus and add the C:\program files(x86)\Addon Manager Folder to the antivirus exclusion list. Launch the FSDT Live update or reinstall the software.

I am running windows 7 and I have had gsx installed for a few years and never had any isses like this. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all 3 at least 10-15 time since yesterday. And i do not have a antivirus software and I have disabled my firewall aswell and still get the same thing. PLEAS HELP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT not updating
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 11:43:54 am »
As the messages are saying:

- the message about the lack of connection from the updater are SURELY caused by the firewall blocking the updater from connecting to the internet. This, of course, assuming your internet connection is otherwise working.

- the message about the program not starting because of the antivirus is very likely caused by the antivirus but, it might simply caused by the inability for the updater to complete, which is really caused by the firewall.

I doubt you don't have "any" antivirus, at least you should have Windows Defender so yes, the first thing to do be sure the updater can complete, that is disabling the firewall and then configure Windows Defender and add the WHOLE Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions, and THEN start the updater again, and be sure it completes.

I am running windows 7

That's another problem. Windows 7 has gone completely out of support, since regular support ended in 2015, and in 2020 even the extended support ended, meaning Microsoft is no longer bound to guaranteed compatibility with it with anything.

This means, whenever a regular update comes, and we keep our software updated, to be sure it still works on currently supported OS, it's possible any of these updates might have break compatibility with the now totally unsupported Windows 7. So, the very fact we *must* keep the software updated to support the current Windows, might result in the software not working anymore on legacy OS.

And that's precisely why, as soon as Windows 7 went completely out of support, we changed the System requirements on our site to indicate that and, you'll notice we lists Windows 8.1 as the minimum supported OS.

That doesn't mean we can 100% say nothing will work in Windows 7, because it's possible with the right combination of updates ( which Microsoft no longer release, but there might be other ways to get them ) it might but, it simply means we don't offer any guaranteed anything will work on legacy OS, and we don't have any means to test it so, it's up to you to try, which of course shouldn't be a problem, considering all our products are sold in TRIAL version.

DimondDave1335

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 10:37:12 pm »
I however did manage to get KFLL to work. But if i install KORD or GSX I lose KFLL and the Couatl doesn't appear in the addon manage tab in FSX

DimondDave1335

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 12:59:39 am »
I just upgraded to Windows 10. Do i have to reinstall my FSDreamTeam stuff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 01:42:54 am »
I just upgraded to Windows 10. Do i have to reinstall my FSDreamTeam stuff

Yes, of course.