Author Topic: no GA parking, only Gates at ATC  (Read 2385 times)

inmotion

no GA parking, only Gates at ATC
« on: December 25, 2021, 09:16:00 pm »
Dear team
I got the FSdreamteam LSZH since a long time. Got it from the markedplace.
However, there is an issue with the ATC in the FSdreamteam version: After landing at LSZH and switching to ground ATC, there is no option to get dirceted to general aviation parking (with smaller planes). Only "gates" can be chosen and then ATC want's to direct you with your small TBM or whatever to one of the big airliner gates ;)
Is there a fix for this bug?
It only exists in FSdreamteam LSZH.
I don't have this issue in any order airport and also not in the new Asobo LSZH.
It's pretty annoying. What to do?
Thanks a lot,
Oliver

P.S. the same problem also exists with your Basel airport. Also only "gates", no "parking" to choose.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 09:22:06 pm by inmotion »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no GA parking, only Gates at ATC
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 06:05:21 pm »
The issue at Zurich and Basel are completely different.

In Zurich, we had the GA gates without names, but this has been fixed in the FSDT Live Update that is online now so, users that bought it on our site or on Simmarket, will just need to run the updater to get it, and everybody reinstalling will automatically get the fixed version.

However, since you bought the scenery from the MS Marketplace, you'll have to wait to be sent for approval, and after we'll send it, it will take several weeks to be released by Microsoft, possibly more considering the holiday season and the announcement the whole team would get some vacation.

About Basel, instead, it's not a bug, the GA parking has been intentionally named as "Gate_XX", because that's the only way to have them named with their complete names, since the GA area has some parking spots in the G group and some in the H group.

However, those letters are not available for parking spots of the kind "Parking", you only have generic location like "E_Parking", "NW_Parking", but no letters, they can only be used for Gates. Since in this case it was more important having the proper names so you could look up a chart, we flagged as "Gates", which is only a minor cosmetic issue but, at least you should see them referenced with the correct G1, G2, G15, etc. names.

inmotion

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 11:11:54 pm »
Thank you for your reply!

However, I'm not sure if you understand what I mean.
I talk about the communication with the ingame ATC.

There, in the ingame ATC after landing, I can't pick and "request taxi to parking" in LSZH or Basel. Only "request taxi to gates".
I don't understand why.
This problem exists since a very long time (I think a year) in LSZH.
So you say now a fix is coming?

I'm not sure if we talk about the same thing.
When I land on LSZH and leave the runway and change the ingame ATC to ground, I can then normally on every larger airport choose between "request taxi to gates" and "request taxi to parking". Parking is for smaller planes, Gates obviously for airliners.
But in LSZH and also in Basel, I don't get "request taxi to parking" in the ingame ATC. It's simply not there.

Did you understand that I was talking about that?
Just wanna be sure ^^ :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 11:13:28 pm by inmotion »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 02:16:21 am »
However, I'm not sure if you understand what I mean. I talk about the communication with the ingame ATC.

Of course I understand what you mean. Yes, the ATC take data from the airport scenery files.

There, in the ingame ATC after landing, I can't pick and "request taxi to parking" in LSZH or Basel. Only "request taxi to gates". I don't understand why.
This problem exists since a very long time (I think a year) in LSZH.

I think I explained why, and also why Zurich and Basel are completely different issues. Zurich was in fact a bug, since we haven't assigned any group name to non-Gate parking spots so, they were ignored by the ATC,

IN Basel it's completely different and it's done intentionally: they DO have a group name, which happens to be "Gate", because that was the only way to have them named properly, since you can't create a "Parking G1", just to make an example of a GA parking that DOES exists and IS reported on charts so, it would be best to be named correctly, even if it's called a "Gate". If we called it a "Parking", we couldn't have used a letter, they would end up being named "Parking 1, 2, 3, etc" so, you wouldn't be able to differentiate, for example, G1 from H1 or J1 or A1, another example of parking spots that all exist.

So you say now a fix is coming?

I said the fix is already online but, only those that bought the scenery from our site or Simmarket are getting it, because they can just run our updater.

To release an update for the MS Marketplace, it needs to be sent to Microsoft for approval first, and this process takes several weeks, because they have a big backlog of updates, and I think the team is even in vacation right now so yes, we will send the update to Microsoft as well, but don't expect to get it very soon.

inmotion

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 10:35:20 pm »
Thank you for the reply. Looking forward to the fix for LSZH on the MSFS marketplace then.

Regarding Basel:
So in this case it's correct that the ATC ground control sends me to "F2" with a small Kodiak for example?
To me a spot like F2 looks for large planes only... but I could be wrong.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 11:34:31 pm »
Regarding Basel: So in this case it's correct that the ATC ground control sends me to "F2" with a small Kodiak for example?

Fact something looks in a certain way in real life, doesn't mean you can simulate it correctly when the default ATC is concerned. The default ATC, as far AI assignment is concerned, is not very realistic and has issues.

The parking is obviously flagged correctly in the scenery, as a "GATE" of the "GATE MEDIUM" kind with the "2" number, and it has a fairly large radius set at 22.6 meters, that is enough for a 757 so, there are just no reasons why the sim would directly you there in a small GA plane, other than having ALL the other GA spots already taken.