Author Topic: Just warp up me there function makes A/C heading opposite 180 degree  (Read 1937 times)

elphaso

Hi

I usually use that function GSX but it seems not work properly with P3D V5.3

It only move A/C get to the point with opposite heading A/C

I reinstalled GSX latest version and test over and over with default airport and also 3rd party airport Flytampa, aerosoft etc...

Please check that function

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Just warp up me there function makes A/C heading opposite 180 degree
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 05:19:53 pm »
There are no problems with that function, which works as it always did, and is still working now.

The heading the airplane is moved to is taken from the scenery AFCAD (or the GSX custom profile, if you changed it there ) so, if it's reversed, it's because it's reversed on that particular parking on that particular scenery.

Sometimes, parking spots are connected to two apron paths linked to the opposite side of the parking spot in the AFCAD so, one of them will be the "wrong" heading but, GSX cannot obviously decide which one to use so, it will use the heading the parking is set in the AFCAD. It has been like this since GSX came out and yes, I checked it now, and is still working normally.

elphaso

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 11:08:43 am »
OK...

I will reinstall all of scenery and airport.. 

That's too tough ... but no choice..

hope to find a solution

thanks..  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 10:30:04 am »
I will reinstall all of scenery and airport.. 

Nowhere I said you should do that. As I've said, this should only occur on a few parking spot on a few sceneries, maybe you only tried a couple of places which incidentally were made that way, and assumed GSX started to read all parking heading backwards ?

elphaso

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 01:53:23 pm »
I tested many other places and airports

I found that when i use the function the heading of A/C not quite 180 degree.. it seems 160 degree..

anyway, I already remove whole of my sim and scenery

and Now it works fine

elphaso

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 11:17:19 am »
It's not working again..

today , I installed GSX LV2 and update and check the activation

but It's not work ...what's wrong with this function on my system

win10 ,64bit , P3DV5.3   

Please refer to the attached picture

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 04:06:01 pm »
Since I already told you that:

- the problem doesn't happen, since I obviously tested it as soon you reported it

- the problem never happened in the almost 10 years GSX has been out

- nobody ever reported it before, as you can see you are the one and only reporting it.

We can safely assume the problem is NOT GSX and, of course, it can't be fixed by reinstalling or uninstalling GSX, since a problem not caused by it cannot obviously fixed by acting on it, but on the thing that is really causing it.

Your latest report, about the heading being "a bit off", not exactly 180 degrees, further confirm it cannot be the possible issue of parking spots linked on both sides, which sometimes can be found in some sceneries but, just a matter of a generic conflict between sceneries, usually caused by traffic products or conflicting products.

Of course, even if the problem is clearly not caused by GSX, I can't say more about what else might be, since you haven't provide any useful information, just a screenshot, which makes impossible to understand what else it might be.

Some things that might have been useful to add to your report would have been:

- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly indicate which scenery you used.

- The AFCAD in use. The GSX parking customization page will tell you the name/path of the AFCAD in use.

- If you used a custom GSX profile you made or downloaded from some place, which might have problems on its own. The GSX parking customization page will tell you the name/path of any GSX custom profiles you are using for this airport. They are NOT removed on reinstalling so, if your profile was wrong before, you can reinstall the whole sim or GSX, it won't change.

elphaso

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 01:40:33 pm »
- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly indicate which scenery you used.

→ It's default scenery with P3D V5.3  KDEN and I also tested 3rd party airport like flytampa, flightbeam .
     the result is same

- The AFCAD in use. The GSX parking customization page will tell you the name/path of the AFCAD in use.

→  I have ultimate traffic 2 addon by flight1 but when i open the menu GSX to select a specific Gate , It showed available gate with boarding gate

- If you used a custom GSX profile you made or downloaded from some place, which might have problems on its own. The GSX parking customization page will tell you the name/path of any GSX custom profiles you are using for this airport. They are NOT removed on reinstalling so, if your profile was wrong before, you can reinstall the whole sim or GSX, it won't change.

→ I just installed GSX V2 64bit from FSdreamteam web page , profile? i don't know how to download and install only specific profile

- One thing i didn't mention that

I remove GSX by windows app and install new one

it's already activated and registered  .. even I did not  register again or activate GSX  V1 and V2

I want to know how to remove totally and reinstall

Is there a undeleted folder after uninstalling GSX?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2021, 02:39:12 pm »
It's default scenery with P3D V5.3  KDEN and I also tested 3rd party airport like flytampa, flightbeam .

I tried default KDEN, and it position the plane perfectly, as it always had.

I have ultimate traffic 2 addon by flight1 but when i open the menu GSX to select a specific Gate , It showed available gate with boarding gate

The GSX menu will not give you such info, that's why I said to open the GSX scenery customization page, not the GSX menu. which you can access with the "customize this parking position" option.

I just installed GSX V2 64bit from FSdreamteam web page , profile? i don't know how to download and install only specific profile

That's precisely why I asked to check the scenery customization page, which will tell you:

- the name of the AFCAD in use by GSX

- the name of any eventual GSX profile you might have either created yourself or downloaded.

This will indicate if you have a scenery conflict. If you don't understand this, just post a screenshot of the scenery customization page, which should look similar to the one at Page 31 of GSX Manual.

I remove GSX by windows app and install new one

I think I already said that, since this problem is not a GSX problem, nothing you do on it will change anything.

elphaso

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2021, 02:58:35 pm »
I attached a customization page for KDEN gate A32 before click the customization position button

When i done customization by pressing 'Y'  ,  the heading of AC is corrected at that moment

but when i jump up from a runway to the A32 Gate again ,

It 's not keep the customized position

Do i need to execute customize function whenever jump up where to park or gate?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2021, 03:16:16 pm »
When i done customization by pressing 'Y'  ,  the heading of AC is corrected at that moment

So, it looks you KNOW how to use the customization page! It would have been easier if you just said, right from the start, that your problem is not that GSX warp doesn't work, but you customized something, and didn't save your settings.

Please clarify:

- Have you tried to customize the scenery to "fix" the problem ? If yes, what, exactly, you changed ?

OR

- It already made that customization before ?

The reason of this question is because I'm trying to understand if your see this problem even BEFORE doing any customization, or if you introduced it by customizing the airport. An easy way to test this is:

- REMOVE your customization file

- Restart Couatl from the menu

- Try again and see if the warp is correct.