Author Topic: Parking codes  (Read 3334 times)

voeni

Parking codes
« on: December 08, 2021, 07:03:33 pm »
With the new AI possibilities generated by AIG I realized that parking codes are not assigned at this scenery. I would like to modifiy the so-called AFCAD file, but can't find the exact location within the folder. Basically I think it's not accessible.

Is this intended? If yes, why? If not, where can I edit it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking codes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 10:07:36 am »
The issues is, when CYVR came out, some users experienced CTDs and, as usual, they accused the scenery when, in fact, it was caused by AI so, we had to remove parking codes, which reduced the chance of crashes and in fact, this seemed to have fixed the problem, proving the scenery wasn't the cause...

This was more than a year ago, I can't say if with the current version of MSFS those problems might have been fixed in the sim itself so, perhaps we might have a try and reinstate the parking codes. It would be a bit tricky to reproduce because, I was never able to reproduce any crashes back then, but of course we only test with default AI.

voeni

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 01:24:58 pm »
Well, maybe it's time for an update. Or at least make it modifyable for the customers (at their own risk).

I've been working with customized airports (through ADE) a bit and they all seem to be stable. Immersion is way better with appropriate parking codes, although I think that the parking radii with the scenery need some adjustments too for better AI compatibility.

Let me know if I can help/test/do something.

airbumps

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 12:57:45 pm »
Is there an update on parking codes for Vancouver (or any FSDT airports)? Using AIG I want to have aircraft parking where they're supposed to.

Tuskin38

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 06:06:36 pm »
The issues is, when CYVR came out, some users experienced CTDs and, as usual, they accused the scenery when, in fact, it was caused by AI so, we had to remove parking codes, which reduced the chance of crashes and in fact, this seemed to have fixed the problem, proving the scenery wasn't the cause...

This was more than a year ago, I can't say if with the current version of MSFS those problems might have been fixed in the sim itself so, perhaps we might have a try and reinstate the parking codes. It would be a bit tricky to reproduce because, I was never able to reproduce any crashes back then, but of course we only test with default AI.

I've got a ton of airports with parking codes and use AIG with no issues.

Edit: Oops, I missed that the post was from 2021 sorry