Author Topic: KCLT Purple Textures  (Read 2900 times)

rsmith6621a

KCLT Purple Textures
« on: February 13, 2022, 02:19:08 am »

I have been keeping up with my live updates but tonight while flying out of KCLT I noticed the parking garge looked like a memorial to the late Rock Star Prince.

What is the cause. Also when I let the installer install the download to the C/Program Files 86 Addon it does not show as installed in the sim. When I copy and paste the contents of the Program Files86 Addons to my Community file then it shows in the sim and the content manager. .

Thank you again
Randy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT Purple Textures
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 02:27:05 am »
Also when I let the installer install the download to the C/Program Files 86 Addon it does not show as installed in the sim. When I copy and paste the contents of the Program Files86 Addons to my Community file then it shows in the sim and the content manager.

You should never manually copy the scenery to the Community folder. The scenery must stay where it is, and should just be linked to the Community folder, of course the Symbolic link will be created by the installer.

So, the issue is why the link hasn't been created automatically ?

The most common reason is if the Community folder already contained the package, possibly because you tried to fix the problem that way so, by copy a "real" folder in the Community, you are preventing the installer from creating the link.

So, remove everything, do not manually copy anything, be sure the Community folder doesn't contain the scenery ( real or linked ), reinstall it again, and see if the link has been created.

If it hasn't, don't touch anything and report back, because there might be other reason why the link couldn't be created.

rsmith6621a

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 04:33:58 am »
Also when I let the installer install the download to the C/Program Files 86 Addon it does not show as installed in the sim. When I copy and paste the contents of the Program Files86 Addons to my Community file then it shows in the sim and the content manager.

You should never manually copy the scenery to the Community folder. The scenery must stay where it is, and should just be linked to the Community folder, of course the Symbolic link will be created by the installer.

So, the issue is why the link hasn't been created automatically ?

The most common reason is if the Community folder already contained the package, possibly because you tried to fix the problem that way so, by copy a "real" folder in the Community, you are preventing the installer from creating the link.

So, remove everything, do not manually copy anything, be sure the Community folder doesn't contain the scenery ( real or linked ), reinstall it again, and see if the link has been created.

If it hasn't, don't touch anything and report back, because there might be other reason why the link couldn't be created.

Ok Umberto,

I uninstalled KCLT/KSDF/LZSH from the control panel and cleared out all of my copied folders from the Program86 file to the Community folder. Louisville and Zurich are OK but I am still getting the purple textures on the garage and control tower at KCLT. I have checked to see that I don't have a another KCLT file hiding someplace.
Whats next?

Thank you

rsmith6621a

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 01:29:52 am »
Umberto,

Do you have any solutions.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 11:20:46 am »
I already posted the solution: don't move or copy anything manually, and just let the installer doing their job, after being sure you install with nothing in the Community folder. There a no pink ( that means missing ) textures anywhere at KCLT, I can confirm that.

After you cleared the Community folder to be sure it doesn't contain copies you made manually, which would prevent to create a proper Symbolic link, you might also try our new Installer, link is on the NEWS section of the Home Page, the MSFS Product page, and on the Download button of each and every Info page of every product for MSFS.

rsmith6621a

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2022, 01:14:07 am »

Umberto.

I installed the new FSDT Installer last night and did an update through that. There is no longer any Prince Purple Rain concrete in the garage.

Do we need to keep GSX 1&2 still installed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 09:47:37 am »
Do we need to keep GSX 1&2 still installed?

I'm not sure I understand the question: do you still use GSX ?