Author Topic: Have a situation  (Read 6794 times)

cdleo22

Have a situation
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:28:32 pm »
after reinstalling Zurich and Geneva and the newest version of addon mgr I am getting this message when FSX is loading and I also get a black box with noting in it. and when you go to the airports they are activated and you see the ground runways taxiways and jet ways but there are no buildings  here is the message
16 Bit MS-SOS subsystem

C:\Progra~1\MI9A48~1\MICROS~1\FSDREA~1\couatl\couatl.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0dcb IP:01bf OP:63 726f 3c 2f Choose Close to terminate the application.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Have a situation
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 08:58:25 am »
Don't run FSX in any of the XP compatibility modes.

cdleo22

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 11:03:28 am »
How may I avoid that is there something that I need to change in my computer because that is my os.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 11:35:07 am »
You need to right click on the FSX.EXE file, select "Properties", select "Compatibility", and uncheck all the options, which is the default setting anyway.

flyerkg

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 06:14:59 am »
I just encountered the same message:

C:\Progra~1\MI9A48~1\MICROS~1\FSDREA~1\couatl\couatl.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0dcb IP:01bf OP:63 726f 3c 2f Choose Close to terminate the application.

I do not have compatibility mode selected in any way.

This occurred after re-installing FSX and re-installing the Honolulu product from scratch.

I did all the other suggested procedures such as turning off the virus scan and firewall. This and KLAS are the only products I am having this sort of difficulty with.

Thank you to anyone who might have another solution.

Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 03:59:02 pm »
Sorry, but I can only confirm that the "C:\Progra~1\MI9A48~1\MICROS~1\FSDREA~1\couatl\couatl.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction." message, can only be caused by these two things:

1) Having a compatibility mode enabled

2) Not having properly configured the antivirus, see this thread for confirmations: both users fixed it by configuring the antivirus:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2284.0

flyerkg

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 08:24:29 am »
Virtuali,

I'm close but still getting problems. I have followed each of the posts you included. I have uninstalled-reinstalled multiple times. The configuration of Trend Micro did not change the errors.

Even after uninstalling it seems like certain files are still hidden somewhere because I never get the demo on re-install. The odd thing is that prior to reinstalling my FSX two weeks ago, my PHNL and KLAS worked...
It seems like I should only have to run the install to use these products and everything should be fine.

I don't think I will get any closer on this. I get all textures and no buildings.

Keith

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 10:21:04 am »
As explained in many other threads in the forum, when the culprit is the antivirus, just reinstalling it's not enough. You need to do this, exactly this, and don't skip any steps:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered plugins" menu under the "Addons" menu.

flyerkg

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 03:06:09 am »
Thank you for this detailed explanation.
I will follow these steps and let you know how things work.

Keith

flyerkg

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 07:59:22 pm »
All problems resolved! I am looking forward to your next product!