Author Topic: Luggage carriers.  (Read 1359 times)

bcm652

Luggage carriers.
« on: November 28, 2021, 09:44:05 pm »
I finished doing a FSDT live update for my MFX Steam, CYVR, Win 10.
I noticed that the luggage carriers get half way to the aircraft, 737-800, and the crash into each other and get tangled up during the loading procedure, gate 79.
The unloading procedure works fine with the luggage carriers at the same gate, no problem.
Could you check that out for me.
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Luggage carriers.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 10:43:44 pm »
It's not possible having any difference in the path taken by the baggage loader ( or any other vehicle ) from Boarding to Deboarding, assuming the airplane is the same and the gate is the same and the plane was parked in the exact same position.

The only possible difference, that *might* affect some vehicles crashing into each other ( but NOT the path taken ), is a randomized time delay between the start of each one, which is the only thing that might cause a session of vehicle not crashing into each other, and another one with a different result.

The plane parked in two different position between boarding and deboarding is the only thing that might cause a different path taken at different times.

As explained so many times here, GSX vehicles are not able to detect each other while they are moving, because even if we could do that without killing fps ( doing that would require every vehicle checking all the others, at each frame, which will spam Simconnect with too many commands, so it's not doable ), it would create a whole new class of problems, like deadlocks on the limited space in the apron, which would be far worse than the otherwise completely harmless and momentary "crash" of vehicles into each other, because deadlocked vehicles will likely freeze if deciding to yield to each other. So, you must accept vehicles sometimes clashing between themselves as the lesser of the two evils.

Also, please clarify what do you mean with 737-800. FSX comes with a default 737-800, and there are many 3rd party, each one might or might not have a proper GSX configuration for it. And, please indicate if you created one and/or changed the one that comes with GSX for that plane, assuming it did had one.

bcm652

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 01:17:52 am »
Also, please clarify what do you mean with 737-800. FSX comes with a default 737-800

It is the MFSX default Boeing 737-800.
I never thought of trying a different gate for loading to see if the same problem exists, but I will give it a try.
The main difference is, for unloading, the luggage carriers go straight from the terminal to the cargo doors on the aircraft with no problem.
For loading, the luggage carriers leave the terminal and go towards the center area of the aircraft where they seem to get tangled up instead of just turning around and leaving the terminal straight away to pick up the luggage for the aircraft.

''QUICK UPDATE''
I tried the loading operation at gate 80 and gate 81 and the luggage carriers worked fine with no problem.
So I tried the loading operation back at gate 79 and the luggage carriers getting tangled up problem still exists.  So, it seems the problem is only at gate 79 for some reason. If it can't be rectified, I can always use gate 80. I like those gates because they are close to the taxi way at CYVR anyway.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 01:42:51 am by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 01:55:41 am »
So, it seems the problem is only at gate 79 for some reason.

I'll check it, you can also try to change the loaders starting position with the GSX customization page.

bcm652

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 05:20:59 am »
Thank you, and I'll look into customizing the luggage carriers at gate 79 and maybe changing aircraft.