Author Topic: missing passenger and crew textures  (Read 1423 times)

MikeyJS75

missing passenger and crew textures
« on: November 26, 2021, 02:22:27 pm »
just got gsx 1 and 2 for my p3dv4.5 and noticed that a lot of passengers are missing heads, legs etc...how can i fix issue, ive attached a pic of the floating, bodyless crew members

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: missing passenger and crew textures
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 02:30:09 pm »
It's likely your shaders have a problem. Are you using a shader mod ?

Try to reset the shaders, by removing this folder, when the sim is not running:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

on the next restart, the shaders will be rebuilt, so you'll see a black screen for a minute or two, then it should work.

MikeyJS75

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 03:56:41 pm »
ok nice one cheers, i'll try that n report back :)

MikeyJS75

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 04:07:22 pm »
well thats just buggered up the entire sim Grrrrrrr.....another pic of the error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 05:33:40 pm »
well thats just buggered up the entire sim Grrrrrrr.....another pic of the error

That clearly indicates the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which is equally affected by your problem with graphic as the rest of the sim.

I asked if you use any shader modification. GSX doesn't change anything in the shaders so, it cannot possibly cause that but, instead, it might affected like any other object by a problem to the sim, usually caused by shader mods that are not entirely compatible with the specific version of the sim.

My suggestion to remove the shaders is exactly what the sim will do at each reinstall, compiling the shaders in the ShadersHLSL folder in the main P3D folder but, if those have been modified by a shader mod, all bets all off if the mod hasn't been fully tested with that specific version of the sim.

To restore all shaders to default, you can remove the ShadersHLSL in the main sim folder and then reinstall it, so the original ones will be restored.

MikeyJS75

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 06:43:49 pm »
OMG, such a moron..just spent the last half hour uninstalling everything p3d related and just realised it was HDEv2>>high definition environment.Grrrrrrr..and sorry for my brain cell not registering the shader mod question, am such a tool.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 07:33:20 pm »
No problem, shader mods are tricky, and they are usually the first cause of such graphic anomalies.