Author Topic: FlightZone1 Scenery  (Read 12942 times)

Bigmac72

FlightZone1 Scenery
« on: January 10, 2010, 12:03:55 am »
I was wondering if these developers are still around the ones that did PVD and PDX
Brian McErlean

JFKpilot

Re: FlightZone1 Scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 12:14:40 am »
Nope, the company's been dead for over 3 years. The developer went to FranceVFR 2 years ago, not sure if he's still there or not.
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

Bigmac72

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:22:21 am »
Ok cool Thanks
Brian McErlean

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 08:23:49 am »
I just read the other day that the author of FlightZone sceneries, Stephane Lepage that went by Vauchez, is now working for ORBX.

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=17622.0

Maybe he will do an update for the Portland scenery for the upcoming PNW product.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 09:08:02 am »
I just read the other day that the author of FlightZone sceneries, Stephane Lepage that went by Vauchez, is now working for ORBX.

Maybe he will do an update for the Portland scenery for the upcoming PNW product.

I also heard he went to France VFR, but the quality of France VFR isn't near to FZ01 and 02 so I doubted it. Now if he is at Orbix, that, I can believe. Orbix looks like his doing. I really wanted FZ03 Spokanne and very sorry we may never get it... Sigh...

JFKpilot

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 08:21:15 am »

That's good news. Hopefully his commitment level to ORBX is higher than Flightscenery and AirlinerXP...
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

Silverbird

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 06:32:57 pm »
I cant really understand why he would never put up a statement in his former website flightzone or somewhere on the fourms. that could have said at least, look guys I can support this scenery anymore due to some really personal problems etc etc.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 07:23:02 pm »
Yeah, there was a huge discussion about that a while back on FT forums. He was just gone and kept the site up and running for years without any information. That was totally rude, when I bought both products there was no support. Thank God I never had any issues with the scenery besides those stupid mesh issues with FT KSEA and CRG...

And I really wanted the FZ03 KGEG!!!

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 02:18:13 am »
He was just gone and kept the site up and running for years without any information. That was totally rude...

He doesn't seem to have any problem collecting the money from Sim Market in his absense...
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 04:26:46 am »
well noted...

thepilot

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 02:10:49 pm »
You're not really surprised about that, are you?

SirIsaac726

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 06:52:09 pm »
He was just gone and kept the site up and running for years without any information. That was totally rude...

He doesn't seem to have any problem collecting the money from Sim Market in his absense...

And what is the problem with that?  The only thing is you don't get product support (which isn't required to give or guaranteed) so if you have a problem, you go directly to the person you paid, SimMarket.9

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 07:06:14 pm »

And what is the problem with that?  The only thing is you don't get product support (which isn't required to give or guaranteed) so if you have a problem, you go directly to the person you paid, SimMarket.9

You missed the point entirely...

SirIsaac726

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 11:13:53 pm »

And what is the problem with that?  The only thing is you don't get product support (which isn't required to give or guaranteed) so if you have a problem, you go directly to the person you paid, SimMarket.

You missed the point entirely...

Do you mind telling me what the point is then, instead of just leaving it like that. :P

Right now it looks like you are complaining about how he never said anything about discontinuing support and further development but still collected money.  This isn't anything new. ;)

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 09:56:32 pm »

Do you mind telling me what the point is then, instead of just leaving it like that. :P
[/quote]

Ask yourself the same question....