Author Topic: Airport Regeneration cache  (Read 459 times)

alexcunille

Airport Regeneration cache
« on: November 20, 2021, 01:28:50 am »
In this new version *November 18th, 2021*  "Airport Regeneration cache" starts every time I do a "Reset Position" is this a normal behavouir, in other versions it did only once time, and takes almost as 150 secs.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Airport Regeneration cache
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 03:30:41 am »
I do know that a previous update caused some issues, so they set it up to where it would regenerate the cache every time you started the simulator up. This is the first I'm hearing of it doing that when you reset the position. Or maybe both are tied together and I just haven't been paying attention.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport Regeneration cache
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 11:11:54 am »
"Reset position" always restarted Couatl, since years.

The only change in a recent update update is that now, every restart always regenerates the cache. This has been added to fix a couple of problems like:

- sceneries not being read by GSX because users don't clear the airport cache after using a scenery that has its own utility to switch between different versions of the AFCAD

- users with outdated Windows 10 version lacking support with very long file paths (over 260 chars) that we had to add to GSX in preparation for the MSFS version (the MSFS installer automatically adds support for long file names, but if you never installed it, it might not work)

Both these issues are fixed by always regenerating the cache. However, what is not normal is it's taking so long for you.

Try to add ALL folders that contains sceneries ( the simulator own folder and every folder that you have sceneries in) to the antivirus Exclusions, this should improve the cache regeneration a lot, and even the simulator startup time so, it's something you are supposed to do anyway, not just for GSX.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 02:15:20 am by virtuali »