Author Topic: GSX Customization Menu  (Read 1494 times)

Llondon

GSX Customization Menu
« on: November 22, 2021, 10:20:47 pm »
I am using P3Dv5 on Windows 11. When I open the menu it always minimizes to the task bar. From there it is difficult to recover to the monitor. I’m using three monitors in windowed mode. After several attempts it sometimes pops back up. Annoying…

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Customization Menu
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 10:36:43 pm »
Which menu are we talking about here. I see the title says GSX customization menu, but the post just says the menu. I'm not sure if we're talking about GSX aircraft customization or parking customization.
Captain Kevin

Llondon

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 10:58:58 pm »
 GSX Customization Menu

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 11:57:55 pm »
Copy. New question. It's possible to access the GSX parking customization by hitting Alt, I think Add-on Manager, GSX, and customize parking or some variant thereof. What happens if you try that.
Captain Kevin

Llondon

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 01:12:19 am »
Alt+tab works. Just was curious why it always opened minimized and if that could be changed.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 01:32:08 am »
I got nothing. I'm running P3D V4 on Windows 10, so can't help you there. I do know that you can't customize the parking position if you're already using any of the service vehicles, so you'd have to reset the position first before doing that.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 10:09:19 am »
Alt+tab works. Just was curious why it always opened minimized and if that could be changed.

What you call the "GSX menu", it's not the GSX menu. It's the standard Simconnect menu, which is shared and used by all Simconnect application. This to say that GSX ( or any other app ) doesn't have any control of its appearance, location, size, docked/undocked status, minimized/maximized status. Nothing.

The only thing GSX ( or any other application ) can do with the menu is to ask the sim "'please display a menu with those entries" and waiting to know if you selected one. That's it. It's a real black box to us ( or any other developer ), nothing you can see in the way it looks or it works is controlled by the add-ons.