Author Topic: Remove Asobo Zurich when using FSDT Zurich?  (Read 4704 times)

Er!k

Remove Asobo Zurich when using FSDT Zurich?
« on: November 17, 2021, 09:56:46 pm »
Tomorrow SU7 will drop, and it will include an enhanced version of Zurich. Is it necessary to delete it from the Content Manager when I want to keep using the FSDT version?

nils8107

Re: Remove Asobo Zurich when using FSDT Zurich?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 03:26:28 pm »
I have uninstalled now the FS Dreamteam Version before I update the SIM.
Then I will see which Airport Version im gonna stick with.

Thanks for this Airport addon. I used for one year now and it is great!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 08:45:22 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 08:44:59 am »
Tomorrow SU7 will drop, and it will include an enhanced version of Zurich. Is it necessary to delete it from the Content Manager when I want to keep using the FSDT version?

Yes.

ffantasy67

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 09:33:21 am »
Hi Umberto,

Would you mind clarifying the correct procedure for the above? After SU7 do we have to delete default (enhanced) LSZH from content manager and then re-install FSDT LSZH, or deleting the default version only will do the job?

Thank you in advance and KR

Edit: referring to the below post on MSFS forum:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-delete-lszh-zurich-su7/472260/22
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 04:11:22 pm by ffantasy67 »

canprince

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 11:29:37 pm »
I am a little confused by that also.  I understood that content in the community folder overrides the default content?  At least that is how it works with other mods like aircraft and any scenery.  I also have the FSDT Chicago airport, which I believe a handcrafted airport is also included in the Deluxe Premium package and haven't seen any issues with both co-existing.

Thank you for your help. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 10:17:41 am »
As I've said ( more as I confirmed ) in my last reply, you must delete the Microsoft Zurich from the Content Manager to prevent conflicts with FSDT Zurich. And, you MUST Delete it from the Content Manager, with the Delete button there.

If you use any other method, like manually removing its folder, you'll be presented with a mandatory option to redownload it on the next restart so, you must remove it from the Content Manager.

This if you are on PC. If you are on Xbox, there's a big problem because the Delete button is unavailable on Xbox for any content that is part of the "standard" package. You can Delete Premium/World Update packages from the Xbox, but not standard packages and Zurich has been flagged to be part of the standard package instead of a World Update, as it was with all handcrafted airports that has been added with updates so far. So, until Microsoft fixes that, there's no solution on Xbox, and you are prevented to use what you paid for.

I suggest to all Xbox users to voice you complains to Microsoft, because this problem will prevent anyone in the future to make a new version of an handcrafted airport that already exists in the standard package.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 11:01:02 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 10:20:48 am »
I also have the FSDT Chicago airport, which I believe a handcrafted airport is also included in the Deluxe Premium package and haven't seen any issues with both co-existing.

They don't really co-exists. Our installer for Chicago automatically removes the Asobo version.

But we can't do that for Zurich, because it's not part of a Premium/World update pack so, if you (or an installer), "just" remove it like that, you'll be presented with a mandatory option to redownload it on the next restart, that's why we can't remove Microsoft Zurich automatically and, instead, instruct users to remove it from the Content Manager, because if it's removed this way,  it won't force a redownload on the next restart.

ffantasy67

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 10:51:56 am »
Hi Umberto, thanks for replying:

Does that mean that if I uninstall both my FSDT airports (LSZH and LFSB so far, installed via FSDT installers) from Win10 control panel, I'll be prompted to download the "Asobo version" next fire-up of MSFS? Sorry, more confused.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 11:00:04 am by ffantasy67 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 11:00:23 am »
Does that mean that if I uninstall both my FSDT airports (LSZH and LFSB so far) from Win10 control panel, I'll be prompted to download the "Asobo version" next fire-up of MSFS? Sorry, more confused.

I'm not sure how you could have possibly understood that from my previous explanation:

You must delete the Microsoft Zurich from the Content Manager to prevent conflicts with FSDT Zurich. And, you MUST Delete it from the Content Manager, with the Delete button there.

If you use any other method, like manually removing its folder, you'll be presented with a mandatory option to redownload it on the next restart so, you must remove it from the Content Manager.

The subject of this sentence is Microsoft Zurich, and we are discussing its deletion, in order to use the FSDT version ( not sure how LFSB has anything to do with this either ) so, the "thing" you need to Delete from the Content Manager is, of course, the subject of the sentence, that is Microsoft Zurich. Sorry, but I don't know how I could have expressed it any clearer than this.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 11:02:58 am by virtuali »

Vdrummer

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 11:28:01 am »
Thanks for the information. I did a quick comparison and it looks like the FSDT LSZH is nicer and more detailed that the Asobo version (e.g. Rega building).
Would have been nice to have put the information of uninstalling the Asobo LSZH as "know issues" on the product page, would have saved me from hunting through the forums to find the correct solution.

canprince

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 04:56:41 pm »
I also have the FSDT Chicago airport, which I believe a handcrafted airport is also included in the Deluxe Premium package and haven't seen any issues with both co-existing.

They don't really co-exists. Our installer for Chicago automatically removes the Asobo version.

Thank you so much for clarifying.  I guess we, who have experience with FSX and X-Plane,  are still learning how the MSFS platform is organized.

Regards.

Navigator40

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 05:26:04 pm »
Just bought this airport glad I did the research to remove Asobo's Zurich
Angus Rowlands i7 9700k, GTX 1080ti

flySWISS

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 01:34:01 am »
Instead of uninstalling , If you are on Desktop just edit your content.xml file

Like so:
Package name=“microsoft-airport-lszh-zurich” active=“false”

Then the airport wont load anymore … and you are good to go!

MSFS2020 Premium Deluxe (Steam) - CPU Ryzen 9/ 5950X - 128 GB DDR4-3600 HyperX Predator RGB - ASUS X570-E Gaming -- ROG Strix RTX 4090 24GB OC -- (2x) 2TB Samsung SSD 980 Pro M.2 NVME - ALIENWARE 34" QD OLED (3440 x 1440, 175 HZ) - Seasonic Prime TX 1000W 80+ Titanium PSU - Tower Fractal Define S2