Author Topic: Coualt Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error  (Read 1348 times)

Potboyz

Coualt Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error
« on: November 17, 2021, 01:40:39 pm »
Hi,

I keep getting an 'Coualt Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error' every time I try to activate a service (including customising positions etc).

I have completely reinstalled P3D and GSX along with trying Live Update as administrator with a anti-virus exception. The issue has only been around since the last update.

Please find attached a copy of the crash log (it is near enough the same whatever airport or aircraft).
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coualt Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 01:11:28 pm »
As explained in several other threads about this, the error log is not enough to understand the problem you are having and, your report is far too sparse to tell more (you said you reinstalled P3D, without saying which version ).

To get a complete log, you must enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX settings, and after the error comes, check this file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG ( not .ERR )

Zip the log and attach it to a post.

Potboyz

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 01:17:45 pm »
I'm running Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.2.22.27615. So I've just installed the latest update and Couatl crashed immediately I can't even access the GSX settings to enable troubleshooting.

*With GSX uninstalled Coualt doesn't crash*
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 01:25:02 pm by Potboyz »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 11:12:37 am »
I'm running Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.2.22.27615. So I've just installed the latest update and Couatl crashed immediately I can't even access the GSX settings to enable troubleshooting.

You can manually enable logging this way:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21894.msg148755.html#msg148755

Potboyz

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 08:30:20 am »
Hi,

I have attached the log file below.

Thanks
Steven.