Author Topic: No Terminal Buildings  (Read 10843 times)

villaa82

No Terminal Buildings
« on: January 08, 2010, 06:20:11 pm »
After Installing Fly Tampa's boston I have no terminal buildings at any of the airports. I have tried placing the scenery at the top but still no luck.

Regards
Villaa82

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Terminal Buildings
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:24:05 pm »
I don't see why installing FT Boston could have any impact on our products, other than your scenery.cfg being corrupted, which is really strange and, nobody else reported it before.

The usual questions:

- Do you see the "Addon Manager" menu under the "Addons" menu ?

- Do you see the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu ?

villaa82

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 06:34:08 pm »
I see the add on Manager but no Couatl powered products.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:49:14 pm »
That's the issue, which I don't think it has anything to do with the FT Boston installation.

Usual solution: have you tried reinstalling the Stand-alone Addon Manager for FSX ?

villaa82

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 11:25:39 pm »
Hey Virtuali I just uninstalled and reinstalled everything and well its all there now. Not sure what could have caused it.

Regards
Villaa82

mike

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 08:18:18 pm »
Thanks in advance for creating this nice scenery. I hope to be able to resolve the "no buildings" issue with some assistance.

VISTA, 64-bit operating system
FSX: just installed SP2 to accommodate the LSGG scenery installation. I performed subsequent computer re-boot after downloading and installing FSX-Service Pack 2.

Symptom: Buildings don't appear
Cause: From reviewing the Forum posts, it appears to be "Do you see the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu?"
No, I do not see in FSX under Add-Ons, "Couatl powered products". I do see the "Add-On Manager" though.

Attempted resolution: Since I was unable to locate a customized "uninstall" executable for the LSGG scenery, I used the Control Panel > Programs and Features option to Uninstall "FSDreamTeam Geneva FSX 1.3.1" and then re-booted the computer
I then re-installed the scenery, which was recognized as a previous purchase because I had entered the serial number, and under FSX > Add-Ons > Addon Manager > FSDreamTeam > Geneva, the status shows Active.

Still did not see under Add-Ons, "Couatl powered products", and therefore, I assume the reason no buildings appear.
I downloaded and installed the standalone AddOn Manager, unsuccessful.
I uninstalled the scenery again, re-boot, re-installed, unsuccessful.

I am not very computer savy, but I was wondering if VISTA would not run the couatl.exe, even though the one time I saw the prompt, I selected always trust software from that publisher.

So I found the coutatl.exe here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl

I assume that couatl.exe not functioning is the reason I am not seeing the Add-On "Couatl powered products" listed?

To check if couatl.exe was being blocked from functioning, I tried the couatl.exe using "Run as Administrator".

If this is relevant, the message which appears says:
The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

As mentioned, I do not have an in-depth understanding of computers so I tried to provide as much detail to help identify a solution. Equally, thanks in advance for being as specific as possible with any suggestions by including precise instructions.

kind regards,
Mike

p.s. as a separate question, is there a link available to a manual for the Add-On Manager? Thanks.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:42:05 pm by mike »
Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 11:59:28 pm »
Attempted resolution: Since I was unable to locate a customized "uninstall" executable for the LSGG scenery, I used the Control Panel > Programs and Features option to Uninstall "FSDreamTeam Geneva FSX 1.3.1" and then re-booted the computer

The Control Panel is of course the standard and correct way to Uninstall any Windows program.

I then re-installed the scenery, which was recognized as a previous purchase because I had entered the serial number, and under FSX > Add-Ons > Addon Manager > FSDreamTeam > Geneva, the status shows Active.

There wasn't any need to reinsert the Serial Number at all. As long as you don't reinstall Windows, the Serial Number and its activation will stay, regardless of how many times you uninstall/reinstall the scenery. Not that re-registering the Serial does any damage: it's just redundant.

I assume that couatl.exe not functioning is the reason I am not seeing the Add-On "Couatl powered products" listed?

Yes, of course.

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

This is very strange, it's surely the cause why the program doesn't run, and it shouldn't simply happen. The program is of course a 32 bit app which, as the message says, it's one of the 2 kind of apps your OS can run so, there's just no reason why your OS is mistakenly thinking that Couatl is neither an x86 or an x64 app.

Are you running FSX in one of the "XP Compatibility modes" perhaps ? This is known to create issue, and is not really recommended.

BTW, I'm using Vista x64 myself, and there are no issues at all either with the Addon Manager or Couatl

mike

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 01:40:46 am »
Hi Umberto,

Many thanks for the response. Unfortunately it does not help. I did not re-enter the Serial Number, I fail to see how this was mis-percieved. I am not running FSX in a compatible mode.

Consider the purchase price I paid a charitable donation towards the fine efforts creating this scenery, or using the funds towards creating a more robust installer, or simply a remuneration for developer time in genuine trouble-shooting, instead of responding "It shouldn't simply happen" and "it works on my machine".  It might also be beneficial for software support to actually consider reading the posts here on the Forum and respond to additional requests such as where to find an english version of the Add-On Manager user manual.

Although I am unable to make it work, I am sure the others will/have benefited from the scenery development. What I am observing is remarkably like the screen captures in the manual of the trial version vs the 6 minutes expired version. I purchased the product via the web instead of through the FSX interface, however, I presume it would be foolish to re-purchase the product through the recommended method, only to lose the costs ... twice.

Absent the requested precise instructions for a solution, I give up. Enjoy!

Mike
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:18:42 am by mike »
Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 02:33:49 am »
Many thanks for the response. Unfortunately it does not help. I did not re-enter the Serial Number, I fail to see how this was mis-percieved

I'm sorry, it wasn't so clear if you were refering to serial number entered on the previous install, or an additional one that you made the 2nd time when you reinstalled.  

That's why it was best to point it out, also because the issue about uninstalling/reinstalling is often misunderstood: many users still think they might lose the activation when uninstalling/reinstalling so, replying in that way, offered a way to clear up the issue better. Don't forget this post is suppsed to be useful to others as well.

I am not running FSX in a compatible mode.

Consider the purchase price I paid a charitable donation towards the fine efforts creating this scenery, or using the funds towards creating a more robust installer, or simply a remuneration for developer time in genuine trouble-shooting, instead of responding "It shouldn't simply happen" and "it works on my machine".  

Now, you are going too far here, that's not how it works: we are very well know to NOT LET ANYONE WITHOUT USING THE SCENERY.

We'll NOT STOP here, until a solution is found, and we always do like this so please, just drop this, and go back to troubleshooting.

Were, exactly, I said that that previous solution proposed would have been the last one offered, and nothing else would have come ?

I asked that question about the XP Compatibility mode, based on YOUR report of the error message so, there's absolutely no reason to reply in such a way.

It might also be beneficial for software support to actually consider reading the posts here on the Forum and respond to additional requests such as where to find an english version of the Add-On Manager user manual.

Don't try to use this argument, as to prove a point that we don't read your message.

I'm obviously more interested in SOLVING YOUR PROBLEM FIRST. There's no Addon Manager manual anywhere, but I would have replied to this ( which is of course a very minor issue compared to having the scenery running on you system ) AFTER we solved it. What good would be answering about were to find the manual, if you are unable to run it in the first place ?

Absent a solution, I give up. Enjoy!

Wrong again. We are NOT giving up. You made just 2 posts, and already decided we are unable to support you ? Ok, you are excused because you are new here, but if you ask anyone, we are known to continue working on a problem UNTIL IS SOLVED. Or, should I point you out to all the other forum posts, which overwhelmingly feature *solved* issues ?

Now, back to the problem. I'll start another post for that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:36:18 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 02:38:38 am »
Let's start with a possibile antivirus issue:

- First, ensure you have the current version of Geneva. Just to be sure, download it again now, and clear your browser cache before downloading it.

- Reboot Windows

- Turn off your antivirus. Don't simply quit its interface, but turn off its realtime protection.

- Uninstall the Scenery from the Windows Control Panel

- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"
- Reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl Engine ?"

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe file from scanning.
- Configure your antivirus to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll file from scanning.

- Reinstall the Scenery

- Turn the antivirus back on, then launch FSX

- Check if you see the "Addon Manager" menu, the "Couatl" menu, both, or none of them
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:42:51 am by virtuali »

felixfer

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 12:32:03 pm »
Thanks, Virtuali.

I had exactly the same problem, I have made all these steps, and now Iit works perfectly.

My specs:

Asus P5WDG2 WS PRO || Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40 GHz || 4 x 1 Gb Corsair DDR2 PC2-6400 (400 MHz) || Asus ENGTX275 893 Mb DDR3 || Saitek X52Pro || TrackIR 5 + TrackClip Pro || Samsung SyncMaster 225uw @ 1680 x 1050 || Windows 7 Professional 64 bit || FS9.1 / FSX SP2 + Acc on SATA WD 150 Gb @ 7200

Thanks again,

Felix