Author Topic: KORD buildings and textures flashing on and off  (Read 1787 times)

DC10Driver

KORD buildings and textures flashing on and off
« on: February 15, 2023, 06:46:00 pm »
I just installed KORD v2 for P3D 5.3 on a new machine.  I also have DD ChicagoX installed (all KORD references and files removed).  The airport loads fine but after about 30 seconds or so, the jetbridges disappear, then the buildings, then the ground textures.  I've also noticed the jetbridges, when they ARE visible, are not connecting to any AI aircraft.  Everything reloads after being gone momentarily then disappears again.  This cycles like this indefinitely...almost on the same timing that the system attempts to start up SODE.  I have GSX and GSX II installed and activated.  KORDv2 is activated.  I've attempted to isolate the issue by uninstalling DD ChicagoX with no success. 

Any ideas what could be doing this?  Thanks in advance for any help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD buildings and textures flashing on and off
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 10:37:47 am »
You don't say anything about your system. How much VRAM you video card has ? From your description of the problem, it looks like VRAM exhaustion, due to having set too high settings for your hardware.

DC10Driver

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 01:06:22 pm »
2th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H   2.30 GHz with installed RAM of 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable).  Total graphics memory is 16354MB with 128Mb dedicated to Video memory.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 03:15:34 pm »
Total graphics memory is 16354MB with 128Mb dedicated to Video memory.

Are you sure about this ? 128MB is extremely low, it's an integrated Intel chip maybe ?

DC10Driver

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 08:33:44 pm »
Yeah, sorry, that was fatigue talking.  I have 16Gb of memory.  It's a 3080ti.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 08:39:15 pm by DC10Driver »

DC10Driver

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 02:17:27 pm »
I decided to go down the rabbit hole with your suggestion about the settings being too high to support your KORD and started experimenting.  What I determined was that no matter what setting I spawned the sim with at KORD, the scenery objects would flash on and off while reloading.  BUT, if I spawned there, then opened up the graphics setting and adjusted the settings higher or lower (it didn't matter which way I went), then the flashing and reloading would stop.  This is the only scenery I've seen that will do that. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 08:11:45 pm »
BUT, if I spawned there, then opened up the graphics setting and adjusted the settings higher or lower (it didn't matter which way I went), then the flashing and reloading would stop.

This clearly proves the scenery is fine, because if the scenery had a problem, it would happens in every situation. And fact something changes after touching the settings, further proves the problem are the settings.

This is the only scenery I've seen that will do that.

It might be the only one you have seen, but I'm sure there are countless other sceneries that will have the same issue with a video card with such little memory available.

You haven't replied to my question: it's an integrated Intel card ? If yes, those are known to have issues with VRAM handling.