Author Topic: Airport landclass not visible  (Read 2981 times)

farman

Airport landclass not visible
« on: October 24, 2021, 09:13:55 pm »
Hi,
  just landed at Vancouver, and no landclass is visible; just updated MSFS to tne last version and just tried to update the airport via your FSDT updater, but to no avail.
  Thanks for any help & regards,
       Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport landclass not visible
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 11:16:51 pm »
just landed at Vancouver, and no landclass is visible;

The scenery doesn't come with any kind of landclass or custom Aerial image. In fact, it's not even possible in MSFS to provide a landclass and, if you are flying with online data ( Bing and/or Photogrammetry ) Landclass is not even used so:

- A 3rd party scenery cannot cause landclass problems, because there's no way to have a custom landclass in MSFS

- A landclass is never used if online photoreal Bing images are enabled.

So, whatever you problem was at CYVR, you can be sure it wasn't the airport that caused it. A lack of connection with the MSFS streaming servers could cause that, but it's nothing we have any control or effect on, with the scenery.

farman

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 07:30:02 am »
Hi,
  I used the term "Landclass" in a wrong way (remembering P3D), since I only meant to say that the ground was not visible at all; well, I'll take a look at the General options, but so far - flying in lots of different airports -, this is the first time I faced a similar issue, especially with top class add-ons like yours.
    Regards,
        Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 09:55:47 am »
I used the term "Landclass" in a wrong way (remembering P3D), since I only meant to say that the ground was not visible at all;

Which is precisely my point: regardless the way you call the "ground scenery around you", it's nothing we can change or control.

While it IS possible to make a custom Photoreal scenery in MSFS, it will still require the base Bing images, since it's a "secondary aerial" in SDK parlance but, in case of CYVR, we haven't used this feature, we modeled just the airport buildings and the ground texures inside the airport perimeter.

Your screenshot wasn't very clear but, it looked like you were missing way beyond the airport boundaries.