Author Topic: FSDT KJFKv2: Change Parking Assignments?  (Read 4823 times)

FNLU

FSDT KJFKv2: Change Parking Assignments?
« on: October 22, 2021, 01:31:04 pm »
Is it possible to change parking assignments (using ADE) and still have GSX/GSX L2 enabled?  I built a new ADEP5 updating airlines, assignments etc. to coincide better (?) with AIG_OCI AI traffic and my preferred user aircraft; as result (I guess), jetways do not work.

Using P3Dv5.2HF1

Thanks,
max

FNLU

Re: FSDT KJFKv2: Change Parking Assignments?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 02:14:42 pm »
re-installed KJFK_FSDT.bgl by re-running FSDT Live Update and now gates have red X's.  Checked APP/virtuali/GSX; no KJFK files.  Nothing in SODE either. 
Thanks,
max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 02:34:23 pm »
re-installed KJFK_FSDT.bgl by re-running FSDT Live Update and now gates have red X's.  Checked APP/virtuali/GSX; no KJFK files.  Nothing in SODE either.

As explained many times on the forum about the "Red X" problem, whenever you see those, the issues doesn't have anything to do with any FSDT scenery so, nothing you do related to FSDT will fix it, because the problem is caused by another scenery.

"Red X" are a diagnostic object generated by SODE, to indicate a scenery that comes with SODE objects is active in SODE, but the Simobjects this scenery came with cannot be found by SODE, usually because the scenery has been uninstalled in the wrong way, either because you uninstalled it manually, or because the scenery Uninstaller has a bug and doesn't remove all files.

No FSDT scenery uses SODE to create objects. Even GSX, which uses SODE for jetways animations, will never show Red Xs, because Red X are only used when SODE is used to create the objects, using a SODE XML/SDX file in its own data folder. With GSX, jetways are created by GSX, which will call SODE to animate them so, even if you had a problem with GSX, you'll have different errors coming from GSX, but NOT Red X.

Red X are always the result of a bad installation ( or a bad uninstall ) of another non-FSDT scenery that use SODE to *CREATE* objects.

Check both these folders:

C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\XML
C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SDX

For files that looks to belong to other sceneries you no longer have, or that you suspect might conflict with KJFK and remove them.

FNLU

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 04:08:54 pm »
Red X problem resolved.  Thanks and sorry.  My original question remains unsolved.  How can I change parking properties using ADE and still have operating GSXL2 jetways?  I keep the file name the same on the ADE file I create; KJFK_FSDT.BGL, but now only the stationary part of the jetways shows up.  I created a new scenario so that there are no hold-overs from previous save.  Does something need changing in the .ini file?

Jetways work perfectly using original KJFK_FSDT.BGL file.

Thanks,
max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 11:44:45 pm »
How can I change parking properties using ADE and still have operating GSXL2 jetways? 

Which parking properties are you referring to ?

FNLU

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 06:30:15 pm »
Name, Type, Number, Radius and Codes.  Basically all of them.  Codes are a little outdated.  I use AIG_OCI & AIGFP and I'm trying  to align them more with those properties.
Thanks,
max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 12:00:07 am »
Name, Type, Number, Radius and Codes.

You can't just change the name and number, not without doing a lot of work by editing the .INI profile the scenery comes with, changing the section numbers to match the new assignment.

It might probably be easier to remove the .INI profile altogether, from BOTH these folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX where you might have some customizations applied to the default GSX profile we supply with the scenery, it's a file named KJFK-xxxxx.INI

Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KJFK\Scenery\KJFK-FSDT.INI which is the custom profile supplied with GSX. Note that, if you run the FSDT Live Update, this file will be restored.

Also, JFK V2 has an extra complication, and it's the fact it comes with a further customization you can't control, which is the file named:

Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\airports\kjfk2_fsdt.pye ( which will also be restored on every Live Update, if you remove it )

Part of the GSX customization is in this file, for example the association between the "FSX names" and the "GSX names" of the parking spots. If you change the gates in the AFCAD, this file will have to be removed too.

But then, you'll have to start the GSX customization completely from scratch.

FNLU

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 11:36:57 pm »
I suspected as much but wanted to be sure.  Thank you for taking the time to explain that in detail.
Regards & Respect,
max