Author Topic: AFCAD often appears  (Read 1856 times)

hanhan

AFCAD often appears
« on: October 21, 2021, 05:28:09 pm »
 The previous method was to delete AppData\Roaming\Virtuali and C:\ProgramData\Virtuali and then use the updater to update, but then this method has become invalid. The entire application must be uninstalled and reinstalled.
Please help me :-[ :-[ :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD often appears
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 08:24:47 pm »
There's no need to reinstall anything, surely not that would be related to any of the folders you said you used to delete, not sure why. Please clarify more precisely:

- Why you had to remove those folder before, when there wasn't any need.

- Why you thing something has changed now.

- Which simulator you use.

In fact, with the current version, the airport cache ( C:\ProgramData\Virtuali ) is being recreated automatically at each start so, if anything, it should be even less required to remove it.

KRONOZZ

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 10:09:21 pm »
I think I am having the same problems. When I load into the Sim and GSX tries to load the airport cache it will then when its close to being finished it will say soemthing like AFCAD failiure after 100 seconds or something. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing has yet to work.

hanhan

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 06:51:32 am »
It happened for the first time on September 7, I saw that the gallery was updated and after I customized the gallery it did not work then AFCAD. after deleting both folders it worked fine. The version number is 5.2.22.27615

hanhan

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 10:49:46 am »
Removed a small portion of third-party scenic airports. This issue was fixed :) :) :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 02:37:15 pm »
Removed a small portion of third-party scenic airports. This issue was fixed

One of those must have a corrupted .BGL, which would explain a cache generation failure.