Author Topic: Remote stands at LFSB in MSFS and bumps in the taxiway  (Read 2980 times)

AT.Flight

Remote stands at LFSB in MSFS and bumps in the taxiway
« on: October 21, 2021, 02:33:51 am »
In using LFSB over the last few weeks, I have found that I am unable to call the stairs ground service to any of the remote stands in Microsoft Flight Simulator. I didn't notice this issue prior to that as I'd always used the terminal building jetways which worked fine. In looking at the world map screen, I've realised that this is because the remote stands have also been given the "gate" attribute. It's my understanding (from other airports in MSFS) that for a remote stand to function fully, it should actually be attributed "Ramp GA" (even for airliner ramps) which then allows the stairs to be called. Could you please update this so that we have full access to ground services at the remote stands. Note that the stands with jetways on the terminal building work correctly as "gate" allowing the jetways to be called.

And to avoid creating duplicate posts, I have noticed this exact same issue at LSZH too; so can the attributes also be corrected there too for the remote stands. I'm not sure about any other FSDT airport scenery as I do not own others.

I've also noticed that since WU6 [for Germany, Austria, and Switzerland], the taxiways are no longer smooth/gradual changes at LFSB where I've come across multiple unnatural bumps, mostly at the intersections all along taxiway B. For example, there's quite a sudden ramp and elevation change on the B and E taxiway intersection. Could you please take another look at the mesh at the airport to see if the bumps can be fixed? I didn't notice this issue before the world update and I don't have any other sceneries around this area that would conflict.

Many thanks!

keyz659

Re: Remote stands at LFSB in MSFS and bumps in the taxiway
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 01:56:36 pm »
I noticed this problem with the bumps along taxiway B too!

Kind regards!

Dominik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 02:37:54 pm »
It's my understanding (from other airports in MSFS) that for a remote stand to function fully, it should actually be attributed "Ramp GA" (even for airliner ramps) which then allows the stairs to be called. Could you please update this so that we have full access to ground services at the remote stands. Note that the stands with jetways on the terminal building work correctly as "gate" allowing the jetways to be called.

Those gates have been intentionally made like that, otherwise you'll see small GA airplanes there, which is really not appropriate for those stands. Considering we'll release GSX for MSFS, which will solve all the problems related to services you can use for your airplane, we gave priority to generating correct traffic.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:39:38 am by virtuali »

AT.Flight

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 12:06:52 am »
Hi Umberto, thanks for the reply.

Regarding the gates, I understand that is a design decision and is for the benefit of offline players with AI aircraft to not break their immersion. As someone that now only flies on Vatsim that is a pity as I, and other Vatsim/IVAO players, will be disadvantaged in our immersion. I appreciate that you can only do one or the other though so I then hope that the MSFS SDK can be updated to have a Ramp non-GA type of stand as that would be most ideal then. And this is the first I have heard that GSX is on the cards for MSFS...

As for the other issue I raised about the unnatural, bumpy taxiway B: have you had opportunity to look into it yet?

Many thanks again,
Ashleigh