Author Topic: 9.1 UPDATE  (Read 3786 times)

bigdave

9.1 UPDATE
« on: January 05, 2010, 06:30:03 am »
I'm still trying to install the 9.1 update for FS2004. I have read various posts that talk about deleting the cfg. file and running the sim without the file. I have also read references to a "no cd" patch. Can someone please educate me on how to effectively run and install the 9.1 update? When i have tried in the past the installer always seems to freeze up when it comes to the ABLSCPT.DLL. I even copied the one off the original CD to see if it would make a difference but it hasn't. Where do I get this "no cd" patch? Help!!?

tubavet

Re: 9.1 UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 11:48:58 pm »
Hi,

Having had some problems installing the update recently (I suspect due to hardware probs was having at the time), I was pointed towards the FSUIPC forums where Pete Dowson mentioned that in some cases it does seem to hang but in reality is still installing and just give it time even up to 20 mins.  Apparently some systems just take a long time.  Whenever I had problems installing it told me it had crashed so if not getting that message then I suppose give it time.  Sorry can't find the forum link.

Phillip

bigdave

Re: 9.1 UPDATE
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:59:41 pm »
Thanks for the input Phillip. It did take quite awhile but it successfully updated.