Author Topic: "a simulator update has been applied, please run gsx level 2 control panel..."  (Read 1168 times)

OtanerBR

Hello..

As described above, i have this message as soon as i approach an airport with gates available, asking to run GSX Level 2 Control Panel to disable the "Default jetways".

But... i do not have GSX Level 2, only the old one, using with FSX: Steam Edition, and i use the "default" jetways because the GSX Team now use this feature only with level 2 (it sucks, i know).

I do not want this message anymore, i already deactivated the jetways, but it insists on reappearing.

PS: For some reason, i can not upload the "Couatl.log". The message is:

You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are doc,gif,jpg,pdf,png,txt,zip,dat,cfg,xml,bgl,pye,mdl,ini,bat,psd.

Thanks in advance,

Renato Roberto
SBSP/Brazil

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
You need to zip the log file, then attach it as a zip file. If you right click the Couatl.log file, go to Send To, then Compressed zip folder. That'll get it as a zip file. Then upload that.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
GSX Manual, Page 4:

On default airports or 3rd-party airports that have Jetways using the default Jetway models, Installing GSX will result in all default jetway models to be replaced. If GSX Level 2 is in Trial, the replaced Jetways will work ONLY at the Trial airports. If want to go back to the default jetway models, you can use the Control Panel to restore them.

THe GSX Control Panel, of course, works even if you don't have a license for GSX Level 2, if only because if you still want to use the default jetways, you can use it to revert to them.

Maybe it's not entirely clear for you but, you DO have GSX Level 2 installed (assuming you installed GSX using an installer not older than about 3 years, when Level 2 came out ), but it's runing in Trial so, in order to SHOW YOU the new jetwyas, we *had* to replace them, otherwise you would see double jetways and, of course, as long as GSX Level is in Trial, the L2 Jetways will work only on Trial and FSDT airports.

But it's not that we "hijacked" your default jetways: you can go back to default at any time.