Author Topic: De-Icing via "remote parking positions"  (Read 3498 times)

Fighter2309

De-Icing via "remote parking positions"
« on: October 11, 2021, 05:10:43 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I posted it already last year or the year before but until now we still not have a solution which is probably easier as we think.
Is it possible for you to expand the code for GSX that we can somehow set up a definied parking position with the rules that engines running are not being checked?

That would be the "game changer" possibility to set up parking positions on remote-deicing pads like for Munich or Frankfurt. You taxi in, set the parking brake and request the deicing via GSX as you are within the "parking position". GSX just shouldn't check if the engines are running.

An example how it could be:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/784407007146147850/897135229540655124/Screenshot_154.png?width=1273&height=671

Many thx in advance!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 10:11:50 am by virtuali »
Gruß,
Timm Rehberg

https://www.lh-virtual.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: De-Icing via "remote parking positions"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 10:14:33 am »
We are surely aware of this and, although it seems "easy", it really isn't, because the de-icer is one of the services tied to a gate. In fact, it's not even a separate service, but it's part of the Departure service, which ends the moment you exit from a gate.

Fighter2309

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 12:54:36 pm »
We are aware of the service itself but thats not the fact I am asking about.
If you could just make it possible to select for stands/gates the possibility to avoid the check of running engines, it would be already enough.

The scenario would be if its cold, you depart from a gate and select "no" for deicing. You do the pushback, engine start-up and taxi to the remote deicing pad which is in the afcad a defined parking position D1 (for example for munich).
Arrived at D1 (parking position with NONE pushback, NONE loaders..) you request another time the departure (with engines running) and select the deicing option "yes".
If the spawn point for deicers can be defined as well, its even cooler and easier as well.

Deicing completed, no pushback is selected so you can continue flying.
EASY :P

Its only needed to avoid the engines running check. Can you somehow disable it somehow for defined gates?
Gruß,
Timm Rehberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 02:13:57 pm »
If you could just make it possible to select for stands/gates the possibility to avoid the check of running engines, it would be already enough.

That might be possible.

The scenario would be if its cold, you depart from a gate and select "no" for deicing. You do the pushback, engine start-up and taxi to the remote deicing pad which is in the afcad a defined parking position D1 (for example for munich). Arrived at D1 (parking position with NONE pushback, NONE loaders..) you request another time the departure (with engines running) and select the deicing option "yes".

I was suggesting using a fake parking to do that, which is now easier in the latest update, since you can now have a custom AFCAD in the %APPDATA%\GSX folder that won't be used by the sim, so it can be edited to suit GSX, without worrying affecting the sim or the AI.

If the spawn point for deicers can be defined as well, its even cooler and easier as well

If you place vehicle parking reasonably close to the deicing point, deicers will spawn from there.

Fighter2309

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 02:53:22 pm »
Amazing! Could you consider that for a next update? Winter is coming and deicing season has already started :D
Gruß,
Timm Rehberg

Wolkenschreck

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 03:12:17 pm »
Wow! A remote de-icing option would be a fantastic feature for winter ops. Actually, a pull function for the pushback and remote de-icing are the only features I am really missing in GSX. Having one of them done would be a huge improvement.

Thank you for considering the possibilities, Umberto.
Christoph

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 04:53:22 pm »
Wow! A remote de-icing option would be a fantastic feature for winter ops.

We are working right now on "walk-in" gates, that is gates passenger can just walk to without taking a bus, which is probably more used in mild climate, so it seems we are always in the wrong seaon to add features.

Wolkenschreck

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 06:44:53 pm »
Customer demand is a hard beast to tame. Whatever you do, it will be never sufficient. ;D

I, for one, am just thankful that after all these years you guys are still making GSX better and better with every update. A sincere thank you, Umberto!
Christoph

Fighter2309

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 07:13:16 pm »
Customer demand is a hard beast to tame. Whatever you do, it will be never sufficient. ;D

I, for one, am just thankful that after all these years you guys are still making GSX better and better with every update. A sincere thank you, Umberto!
Also a cool thing, of course however please check the possibility to make it possible to "check or uncheck" for the engines running thing, that would be it for a short term solution.
Thank you very much. I can only agree, after all these years still new features and ongoing development. Keep on going :)
Gruß,
Timm Rehberg

Fighter2309

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 03:05:56 pm »
Hi Umberto,

its beginning to look a lot like christmas....
And suddenly I need to de-ice my airplane. But always at the gate?

Any news to the idea of remote de-icing I posted above?

Thanks

Regards,
Timm
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 05:38:09 pm by Fighter2309 »
Gruß,
Timm Rehberg