Author Topic: Couatl disappears when restarting service **SOLVED**  (Read 7765 times)

Chrjs

Re: Couatl disappears when restarting service
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2022, 05:34:15 pm »
Hi,
the issue is still present. Any help?
Thank you very much
Kind regards
chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2022, 07:09:39 pm »
I must have missed your last post and, of course, I cannot reproduce the problem, but I think I found the real cause, checking your log better:

- YOU ARE USING the 32 bit version of Couatl in P3D V5, that's likely because you modified by hand the add-on.xml to do so, since our installer obviously configure it to use the 64 bit version, which is the one to use with P3D 4 and 5.

Or, perhaps another add-on that manages the add-on.xml files might have replaced the correct add-on.xml with a very old version, maybe coming from years ago, when we used a single 32 bit executable for FSX and P3D.

So yes, of course it's to be expected having issues when using the 32 bit version of the program in P3D V5 since, after we released the 64 bit version, in September 2020, we don't test the 32 bit version in P3D anymore, it's remarkable it even starts once...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 07:13:32 pm by virtuali »

Chrjs

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2022, 07:13:32 pm »
Thank you very much for your replay. Sounds like a good idea. But how can i reconfigure it to use the 64bit version? Again, I uninstalled P3D and all associated with FSDT completely and reinstalled it even using different locations.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 07:20:15 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2022, 07:20:22 pm »
Thank you very much for your replay. Sounds like a good idea. But how can i reconfigure it to use the 64bit version? Again, I uninstalled P3D and all associated with FSDT completely and reinstalled it even using different locations.

If you "just" uninstall GSX, without replying YES to the question "Do you remove the Add-on Manager?", the add-on.xml with your modified line won't be removed so:

- Uninstall GSX that way, replying YES to the question "Do you remove the Add-on Manager?"

- Check the "Documents\Prepar3d V5 add-ons" folder and be sure the "Fsdreamteam Addon Manager" folder there has been removed.

- Reinstall GSX.

Chrjs

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2022, 09:23:21 pm »
Hi again,
so I did everything you said.
- i uninstalled GSX saying yes to removing the addon manager as well
- i manually deleted any folders I could find (the Addon manager folder, the virtuali folders in programapps/local/roaming - there was no folder in the documents P3D folder)
- i reinstalled the universal installer and gsx
still teh same happens as before - it just disappears and does not restart.

on ething i noticed is that all my products in the universal installer were still active (even the ultra old ones like enbr), so there must be something of fsdt/virtualy remaning on my computer even after uninstalling/deleting all the folders. Is there someting in the regedit or anywhere else? How can I clean up the system of these remnants completely? I again attach the log just before I hit restart the service.
kind regards
chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2022, 09:51:04 pm »
- i uninstalled GSX saying yes to removing the addon manager as well
- i manually deleted any folders I could find (the Addon manager folder, the virtuali folders in programapps/local/roaming - there was no folder in the documents P3D folder)

Well, of course there wasn't, because the uninstaller is supposed to remove it. I only told you to check it, in case some external program would interfere with it, but it wasn't the case.

still teh same happens as before - it just disappears and does not restart.

You now got the correct 64 bit version but, you are the one and only reporting this problem now. It was normal it didn't worked well before, but now it's not.

on ething i noticed is that all my products in the universal installer were still active (even the ultra old ones like enbr), so there must be something of fsdt/virtualy remaning on my computer even after uninstalling/deleting all the folders. Is there someting in the regedit or anywhere else? How can I clean up the system of these remnants completely?

There aren't any "remnants" that would cause this, and there's not need to remove the activation, if you don't believe it, you can just Deactivate all with the Universal Installer, but it won't make a bit of difference since your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation..

I again attach the log just before I hit restart the service.

That's not very useful, the log only shows that it's working correctly, but a more useful log would be one produced AFTER you restart the program.

BTW, is it always regenerating the cache ? It's not supposed to do that on each start.

Chrjs

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2022, 10:05:12 pm »
There aren't any "remnants" that would cause this, and there's not need to remove the activation, if you don't believe it, you can just Deactivate all with the Universal Installer, but it won't make a bit of difference since your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation..

you told me that there was some old 32bit etc interefereing so I think it would be a good idea to start anew without anything else from the past, so I assume there must be a way to uninstall anything from FSDT/virtuali/gsx completely so I can rule out these things.

That's not very useful, the log only shows that it's working correctly, but a more useful log would be one produced AFTER you restart the program.

this was the log shortly after starting a flight, but i attach more versions here, first one after i start the flight and the other after i have pressed "restart couatl"

BTW, is it always regenerating the cache ? It's not supposed to do that on each start.

i get a green message: "Airport cache generated successfully"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 10:09:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2022, 10:12:42 pm »
get a green message: "Airport cache generated successfully"

I can see your log is AGAIN regenerating the cache. So I'll ask it AGAIN: is regenerating the cache EACH TIME ?

Yes, you are supposed to see the "Airport cache generated successfully" AFTER it finished regenerating the cache, but that's not what I asked, I asked if it's regenerating the cache on each start, that's the issue which is not supposed to happen, it's not really relevant it finishes successfully but, the fact it's regenerating it at each start, which is not normal, might explain the problem.

Chrjs

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2022, 10:17:08 pm »
As I said above the only thing I see is the green bar "Airport cache loaded successfully". What is going on behind the scenes I don't know. If you tell me how I can see if the cache was regenreated I will tell you.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 10:41:22 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2022, 10:44:14 pm »
As I said above the only thing I see is the green bar "Airport cache loaded successfully". What is going on behind the scenes I don't know. If you tell me how I can see if the cache was regenreated I will tell you.

Cache regeneration it's pretty obvious: you see a red counter with a percentage going up saying it's regenerating the cache and AFTER that, you will either see an error or the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message.

Your logs shows it did exactly that, it's possible it was fast enough you didn't see the red text, but your logs shows it seems it's doing that all the time, which shouldn't happen, unless something REALLY changed in your Scenery Library.

Chrjs

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2022, 12:06:05 pm »
Good morning, thanks again for trying to help and solve the problem.
No I don't see the cache rebuilding, just the message "Airport cache loaded successfully".
So what can I try next? There are still some questions bove unanswered.

- Is there a methiod to start couatl manually even with P3D running (I know it is possible with EZDOK)?
- Isn't there a way to start 100% from scratch without any traces of Virtuali/FSDT/GSX on my computer?
- How do I know whether I use the 32- or 64bit Version?

Maybe we can answer these things first to rule them out completely before moving on.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2022, 10:42:42 am »
No I don't see the cache rebuilding, just the message "Airport cache loaded successfully".

And again, I need to know when this happens ( you don't see the airport cache loaded message ) you STILL have the regeneration logged anyway.

- Is there a methiod to start couatl manually even with P3D running (I know it is possible with EZDOK)?

No, there isn't.

Isn't there a way to start 100% from scratch without any traces of Virtuali/FSDT/GSX on my computer?

You might try removing these two folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali
%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

And reinstall.

- How do I know whether I use the 32- or 64bit Version?

I already told you that you know DO have the 64 bit version started from the sim. It's indicated in the first lines of the log.

Chrjs

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2022, 12:42:21 pm »
The first part is actually not that easy. The last few times I opened up P3D to test it, I only got the short message "Airport cache loaded successfully", this morning for whatever reason I saw the red message "Regenerating airport cache", which was completed within 49sec. I haven't changed anything since last starting P3D.

I always remove anything with Virtuali in Appdata and programdata before reinstalling it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2022, 07:47:37 pm »
The first part is actually not that easy. The last few times I opened up P3D to test it, I only got the short message "Airport cache loaded successfully", this morning for whatever reason I saw the red message "Regenerating airport cache", which was completed within 49sec. I haven't changed anything since last starting P3D.

This is perfectly normal but, as I've said, I need to say if the cache is regenerated EVERY TIME if you choose "Restart", which shouldn't happen if you haven't changed anything in the Scenery Library ( surely they Scenery Library doesn't change during a restart ), but it MIGHT give some clue why you don't see to complete a restart.

Chrjs

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2022, 08:37:47 pm »
I only get a green/red message from GSX when i enter a flight from the start menu. After clicking "restart couatl" i don't get any message at all. all entries in the add-ons menu just diappear, only the addon manager remains.