Author Topic: Passengers Boarding/Deboarding  (Read 1552 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Passengers Boarding/Deboarding
« on: September 23, 2021, 01:52:06 pm »
On airports without jetways have you considered an option for the passengers to come from/go into the terminal rather than board/de-board from a bus?  I'm no programmer but it seems to me it would be a simple thing to be able to designate a point of entry in the GSX editor.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Passengers Boarding/Deboarding
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 02:56:20 pm »
I believe this is in the plans, but they are also trying to get GSX up for MSFS first.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 09:27:08 am »
This has been discussed so many times on the forum and yes, it's planned.

However, keep in mind that, while it might be "simple" for us to add the core capability in GSX, it's basically impossible to do it in a way that would "just work" at any airport so, it will require an EXTENSIVE user customization, because for each of those gates, you'll have to specify some kind of path with waypoints (like a custom pushback) for passengers to walk to, and this for every airport that has this kind of gates.

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 11:53:58 pm »
it's basically impossible to do it in a way that would "just work" at any airport so, it will require an EXTENSIVE user customization, because for each of those gates, you'll have to specify some kind of path with waypoints (like a custom pushback) for passengers to walk to, and this for every airport that has this kind of gates.

I see what you mean but I would still like to have that option.   It would definitely add some more work to flight planning.  It would help if there were some way to choose your arrival gate  before your departure where Ultimate Traffic wouldn't put a plane there.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 10:03:44 am »
I see what you mean but I would still like to have that option.   It would definitely add some more work to flight planning.

We are working on that right now.

It would help if there were some way to choose your arrival gate  before your departure where Ultimate Traffic wouldn't put a plane there.

That's a completely different issue, which would require adding several new concepts to GSX:

- The destination aiport, which *might* be read from the active Flight Plan, but there are so many other ways flight plans can be made ( they might affect the default flight planner or be entirely separate ), that's not so easy as it seems.

Once there's a way to specify a destination airport, GSX would then have to temporarily open its .BGL AFCAD file ( while you are still on the departure airport so, it would have to keep both in memory for a short while ) to let you choose a gate.

Finally, once you land ( assuming you DO land where you said you would...), we would need to "kill" any AI that might be there. And not just that, for those add-on that generate traffic using AI injection, like UT2, GSX would have to *continously* monitor your parking spot, to immediately kill any AI that might be injected there since, of course, there's no way the traffic add-on program would know that gate has been "reserved" for you by GSX.

So, it's not the easiest thing to do, maybe it might work better if the AI traffic program would recognize your flight plan instead, read the destination gate and stop generating AI there as long the flight plan is active, since it's clearly better having the AI not being generate at all, rather than having GSX wating for it to be generate and then immediately kill it...