Author Topic: GSX 2 Parkposition  (Read 1017 times)

Hossi

GSX 2 Parkposition
« on: September 22, 2021, 08:15:06 am »
Hi,
I have GSX level 2 in use with P3Dv4.5 and FSLabs A320/321. GSX is the 1st choice for all airports I fly to with my A320/321.
Since some time I am busy to rework and test all parking positions for proper function of the jetways and to optimize them if necessary. Thereby I noticed that changes of the parking positions, which were necessary, do not become effective with each P3D start.
Therefore I use the GSX Hot key after each P3D start and select in the menu the line:
1. reposition here at current gate
To optimize the services of GSX I don't use the mouse anymore but select all positions in the menu with the numeric keys. This is much more efficient than using the mouse.
The long speech short sense:
Is the described procedure to get the A320/321 after every P3D start always at the parking position I set with the GSX editor not feasible in another way?

With kind regards
Ciao Horst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 2 Parkposition
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 01:18:25 pm »
I haven't fully understood this method:

To optimize the services of GSX I don't use the mouse anymore but select all positions in the menu with the numeric keys. This is much more efficient than using the mouse.

In any case, remember that GSX Stop positions and GSX Parking position/orientation are things used only by GSX, the simulator itself doesn't know anything about them.

Which means, if you use the standard "Go To Airport" menu of sim to start a flight, you will always have to use GSX "Reposition", which (being a GSX command) will move the plane to the Stop position you customized. It might be easier to start a flight on the active runway, without spending any time choosing a gate, then use GSX menu to select a gate and the "Warp me" function to instantly move there.

The GSX Stop position will also be used by GSX in all cases in it needs to let you know where to stop, be it with a Marshaller or with a *GSX* Docking system.

If you have a 3rd party Docking system, it might be best to have the GSX Stop position matched to where the 3rd party Docking system would have guided you, always keeping in mind that GSX Stop position will use the GSX "Preferred Exit" as a reference (not the front gear ), to have all planes stopping with their Preferred Exit in the same place, which would in turn make it more predictable to have it the jetway working correctly.

Hossi

Re: GSX 2 Parkposition
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 04:42:07 pm »
Hi,
thank you very much. Perfect answer. Now I know that my idea to use
the GSX menu to get the right parking position is the right way.

Ciao
Horst