Author Topic: invalid server data **SOLVED**  (Read 4001 times)

Alex871

invalid server data **SOLVED**
« on: September 20, 2021, 07:04:27 pm »
Im having gsx crash at numerous airports after selecting 3rd party aircraft. It was working fine before the update but now i cannot use certain airports because i get a gsx crash no traceback available message.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 03:28:40 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: invalid server data
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 07:31:19 pm »
As usual, when reporting of any problem, you should:

- Enable Troubleshooting in the GSX Settings, which will enabled the detailed error log

- Post your Couatl.log here

Alex871

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 06:59:45 am »
Here it is

Alex871

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 07:19:55 am »
I cant seem to generate a .err file aswell after closing the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 03:29:58 pm »
I cant seem to generate a .err file aswell after closing the sim.

You are not supposed to have a new .ERR file if you enabled Logging, those will end up in the Couatl.LOG file. I see you attached it renamed as .BGL, you should have ZIP-ed instead. However, that doesn't matter.

Nothing in your log indicates any error. It only shows "server invalid data", because it seems you posted a log of a session in which you had no error, but you used the "Check for updates" function, which check for updates from within the sim.

That error is not really a problem, and it's only temporary, but it won't cause any issues, other than not being able to read the release notes from inside the sim.

However, you said GSX is crashing, that doesn't have anything to do with that error so, if you get a crash, you should quit the sim ( reply NO when asked if you want to Restart the Couatl engine!!! ) and get the LOG from that session, if you restart, the LOG will be overwritten with a new one.

And, don't rename the log but, instead, ZIP it before attaching it.

Alex871

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 07:48:30 pm »
Ok but when I select a 3rd party aircraft at a default p3d airfield everything works fine when loading in somewhere like kclt or Miami the engine crashes and the menus cannot be seen ive been using gsx since it became available and have never experienced this problem before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 08:05:11 pm »
So, you are not getting an error, you just have the program quit ? Even in that case, you should have the log in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder anyway.

Alex871

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 12:20:00 am »
Correct the program will not appear without an error message also

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 01:25:07 pm »
But, as I've said, if it crashed during a session in which it did start, you should have the log anyway, which perhaps might include some information on why it crashed.

Alex871

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 03:48:36 pm »
Gsx will not appear or open with all but one add on plane and only at certain add on airports gsx works ive ran the live update already today and can't see anything in the log the menus are unresponsive and then just disappear.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 09:20:56 am »
Gsx will not appear or open with all but one add on plane and only at certain add on airports gsx works ive ran the live update already today and can't see anything in the log the menus are unresponsive and then just disappear.

So, enable Logging using the "one" airplane that works on the "certain" airport that works too, then exit and restart.

Next session, go to a place where you think it's crashing, and after it does, exit the sim and check the COUATL.LOG file in %APPDATA%\Virtuali

ZIP the log and Attach it to a post.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 09:23:19 am by virtuali »

Alex871

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 07:49:47 am »
Here

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 08:18:02 am »
And that was the complete opposite of "ZIP the log and attach it to a post."
Captain Kevin

Alex871

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 10:38:02 am »
My apologies

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2021, 08:13:29 am »
"ZIP it" doesn't mean "rename the Couatl.LOG file a .ZIP file" but, of course, compressing it with a ZIP archiver utility.  I first though your ZIP was corrupted, then I realized it's not a ZIP file, it was just the log renamed...

In any case, your log doesn't indicate the program crashed. In fact, it was able to successfully create the airport cache, then the simulator crashes for other reasons, and it detected it, logged the problem and exited cleanly.