Author Topic: still with "unrecoverable error" after latest update **SOLVED**  (Read 2948 times)

cfso6342

still with "unrecoverable error" after latest update **SOLVED**
« on: September 18, 2021, 02:00:41 pm »
P3DV5.2 at custom simple airport with FSL320
after clicking catering service, select operator, this error came up~
already update to September 17th release,thats all :'(
here is my log

« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 03:22:16 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: still with "unrecoverable error" after latest update
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 10:45:21 am »
Nothing in your log shows of any error. When you have an error, you should exit the sim (NOT restart it) and post the log with the error. If you let it restart, it will overwrite the log with a new one.

cfso6342

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 11:58:12 am »
Nothing in your log shows of any error. When you have an error, you should exit the sim (NOT restart it) and post the log with the error. If you let it restart, it will overwrite the log with a new one.
ok, I try it again and more details:
I could confirm after selecting handling operator, all vehicles show up and works normally;
but if I continue using catering service, select catering operator,
this "unrecoverable error" for couatl engine came up~

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 12:11:30 pm »
The error shouldn't happen because, the CZ operator IS a GSX Stock operator for Catering and the FSDT_Catering_Van_CZ vehicle DOES exists and, in fact, I tried to set a gate with CZ as catering, and I can see it just fine.

cfso6342

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 12:46:06 pm »
The error shouldn't happen because, the CZ operator IS a GSX Stock operator for Catering and the FSDT_Catering_Van_CZ vehicle DOES exists and, in fact, I tried to set a gate with CZ as catering, and I can see it just fine.
Besides CZ, other operator like Cathy could cause this, I never meet the bad thing in ver.2.9.3
maybe all I can do is to wait next release
thanks for your quick reply ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 10:23:12 am »
Besides CZ, other operator like Cathy could cause this

If you mean "Cathai", that wouldn't cause errors as well, because it IS also a stock GSX operator.

I never meet the bad thing in ver.2.9.3

Of course you couldn't: back then ANY operator in P3D V5 was ignored. Now it's not anymore but, as I've said, before the last Live Update, only CUSTOM operators would cause that error, and in fact this is what happened to everybody else who posted here. But the current update has fixed this, because custom operators are now skipped.

Your case is completely different: you are getting an error with a default GSX operator, which you shouldn't have because the updater should do the following:

- Download and install the extra liveries for V5, to be placed in Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR_P3D5

- Update the add-on.xml for the FSDT Addon Manager addon to add the above path

So, it seems that for some reason, in your case, the updated failed to do one (or both) of these operations, something nobody else has reported before.

Are you possibly using a 3rd party utility that handles add-on.xml files and has restored/reverted a previous version of it, one that was made before the update ? Or, maybe, something is preventing the file to be updated ?

Check if you both have the Simobjects in that folder, and if your add-on.xml in Documents\Prepar3d V5 Addon\Fsdreamteam Addon Manager contains the path to the PBR_P3D5 objects.

ChuckOman

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 05:48:16 pm »
I'm also getting unrecoverable error with latest update if I call for catering.  I'm using P3D5.1, and MJCQ400.  Doesn't occur with P3D4.5 with same airplane and scenery.
Couatl.log file attached.
ChuckO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 07:33:35 pm »
I'm also getting unrecoverable error with latest update if I call for catering.

See the above reply.

You should not have this error if the update has been installed successfully, since the LSG livery is a stock from GSX, and the FSDT_Catering_Van_LSG surely exists and it's normally installed so, check all the things I asked to check in the previous reply, since it seems the installation of the liveries hasn't completed.

ChuckOman

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 10:04:57 pm »
I'm also getting unrecoverable error with latest update if I call for catering.

See the above reply.

You should not have this error if the update has been installed successfully, since the LSG livery is a stock from GSX, and the FSDT_Catering_Van_LSG surely exists and it's normally installed so, check all the things I asked to check in the previous reply, since it seems the installation of the liveries hasn't completed.

OK, thanks..  I checked my P3D5 AddOnXML, and confirmed it has correct pointers to both the \PBR and \PBR_P3D5 folders.  When I ran live update earlier today, it reported "Finished", so I assume the simobjects should be up to date.  Looking in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects, all the folders are dated 9/7/2021.  Is there something newer I should be seeing ? If so, wonder why LiveUpdate missed it.  Is there a link available I can use to download and update those PBR_P3D5 simobjects ?
ChuckO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 11:42:28 pm »
If so, wonder why LiveUpdate missed it.  Is there a link available I can use to download and update those PBR_P3D5 simobjects ?

It might just be the usual time delay to update all 260 Cloudflare nodes to get all files so, if your local node hasn't got the latest files yet, eventually it will and, once your local node will get the new files, the Updater WILL download them.

It's not so different than when a site updates its DNS: some users might see the updated server in minutes, some after 24 hours, some possibly even in a couple of days.

scottb

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2021, 04:06:52 am »
The FSDT_Catering_Van_CZ file finally updated via Live Update!
All is well again.  :)

Thank you for the excellent customer service that you always provide.

ChuckOman

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 07:08:00 pm »
If so, wonder why LiveUpdate missed it.  Is there a link available I can use to download and update those PBR_P3D5 simobjects ?

It might just be the usual time delay to update all 260 Cloudflare nodes to get all files so, if your local node hasn't got the latest files yet, eventually it will and, once your local node will get the new files, the Updater WILL download them.

It's not so different than when a site updates its DNS: some users might see the updated server in minutes, some after 24 hours, some possibly even in a couple of days.
Yes, that was it.  Ran LiveUpdate again.  Only the FSDT_SODE_jetway_logo folder and all the sim.cfgs changed from 9/7 to 9/20-21 but it eliminated the prob.
Many thanks for all the help.  Its this exceptionally competent and patient level of tech support that keeps me coming back to FSDT for updates and new products.
Chuck O

cfso6342

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2021, 02:06:06 am »
Are you possibly using a 3rd party utility that handles add-on.xml files and has restored/reverted a previous version of it, one that was made before the update ? Or, maybe, something is preventing the file to be updated ?

Check if you both have the Simobjects in that folder, and if your add-on.xml in Documents\Prepar3d V5 Addon\Fsdreamteam Addon Manager contains the path to the PBR_P3D5 objects.
Thanks Umberto, I have ran updater again too check if add-on.xml was updated. It does change modify time to newest, so I believe the 3rd party utility I used won't prevent it.
And I added addon manager folder to anti-virus software scan exceptions.

Finally, I wonder if updater server missing some files when downloading, if thers is any method to verify downloaded package before automatic deleted by updater.

cfso6342

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2021, 02:10:43 am »
The FSDT_Catering_Van_CZ file finally updated via Live Update!
All is well again.  :)

Thank you for the excellent customer service that you always provide.
Hey my friend, you just made it work only by updating again?
Could you tell me your loaction so I may run updater via vpn server near you, then complete files could be download by same FSDT node server.

cfso6342

Re: still with "unrecoverable error" after latest update **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2021, 02:30:52 am »
Good news guys,  I think this have been solved eventually!
No more action with any folder or file, I ran updater and hope it work, and I ran twice!

Please allow me say much thanks for your patient help ;D ;D ;D