Author Topic: GSX hangs after fwd container loader is done  (Read 1965 times)

disco79stu

GSX hangs after fwd container loader is done
« on: September 15, 2021, 11:35:44 am »
Hi,
I've encountered another strange issue since the last update:
When I use container loaders, GSX will stop working/moving/responding after the last container is loaded, with all vehicles still visible.
It just won't continue and the GSX pop up menu won't appear when I try to open it. Only way out is to restart couatl after which I can continue with pushback etc.

Here's a screenshot of the hanging situation. Aft loader ist finished and moved away, passenger boarding completed, container-trucks gone, but the fwd container loader is still at the aircraft. GSX won't respond/work:

https://i.imgur.com/L04KMxb.png
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 11:37:52 am by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX hangs after fwd container loader is done
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 01:09:54 pm »
Does this happen with every plane and/or at every airport. Also, which simulator is this.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 01:12:00 pm »
Always provide extra info, like the airplane used, because some of them, like the Aerosoft or FS Labs Airbus are able to control GSX by themselves so, before being sure it's a problem with GSX, always try a default airplane first or, at least, a 3rd party airplane that doesn't control GSX.

disco79stu

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 01:47:38 pm »
You're right, I'm sorry, I should have provided more info.

- Happens on 2 Airports I've tested so far (EDDF, EDDM, both AS/SW).
- I'm on P3D v5.2 (latest)
- FSLabs A320/321
- Not sure how to test container loading on a default plane 'cause there is no default airliner in P3D.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 03:03:03 pm »
- Not sure how to test container loading on a default plane 'cause there is no default airliner in P3D.

Which is why I also said you can also use a 3rd party airplane, provided it's not one that can control GSX on its own.

disco79stu

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 04:08:28 pm »
Which is why I also said you can also use a 3rd party airplane, provided it's not one that can control GSX on its own.

Okay, unfortunately I don't own any 3rd party aircraft other than the FSLabs.
So you're suggesting that this might rather be an issue on their side?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 04:23:30 pm »
So you're suggesting that this might rather be an issue on their side?

Not necessarily, it might be any one of those issues:

- GSX being confused when controlled externally

OR

- Something in the specific FS Labs procedure you are supposed to follow you are not. But I can't help you here, because they constantly improve it, so I'm not 100% sure to be qualified to explain that or check if you did anything wrong.

OR

- A possible issue on FS Labs side.

But all of these assume this problem happens ONLY when GSX is controlled externally. Which is why I asked to try with an airplane that doesn't do that. Of course, as usual before replying, I tried it using a default airplane ( default A321 imported from FSX ), and Boarding completes normally with no issues I can see.

However, my test was made by assuming you used Boarding ( it seemed so ). It would be more thorough if you provided extra details about the EXACT sequence of operations you did in GSX and, for example, if you used Automatic services or not but again, all of this works in a very different way if GSX is controlled by the airplane, that's why before I can check anything, I need to know IF and HOW it happens ( assuming it does ), on a default airplane or a 3rd party plane that doesn't control GSX.

During these days, I made many tests with the PMDG 777, which surely doesn't control GSX, and couldn't notice any issues like the one you reported.

disco79stu

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2021, 11:00:48 pm »
Okay, after some more testing and trying, I found that uninstalling and reinstalling GSX again seems to have solved it.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 09:02:39 am »
Okay, after some more testing and trying, I found that uninstalling and reinstalling GSX again seems to have solved it.

That's weird, since you should have obtained exactly the same result by running the FSDT Live Update, since all of GSX code is *there* and the installer runs the Live Update at the end so, all GSX files after a reinstall are exactly the same as the ones after a Live Update. But if it worked for you...