Author Topic: Huge passengers  (Read 1100 times)

TheAirman

Huge passengers
« on: September 16, 2021, 12:38:17 pm »
Hi FSDT,

Thank you for a nice product, I'm happy with my purchase.

However, I have a question about huge passengers' size if airplane is seen from distant. No issue when the camera is near the airplane.

Is there a fix for that? or I need to adjust something in my FSX?

Note: I'm using FSX Boxed version with SP2 installed.

Thanks in advance.

(I've attached the picture)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 12:53:31 pm by TheAirman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Huge passengers
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 04:19:22 pm »
Yes, it's a bug in FSX, which you might try to fix by doing all of the following:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the GSX installer. Note that, we cannot guaranteed it will work with FSX SP2, since there are several rendering bugs that simply cannot fix there. If you really want to keep using FSX, at least use the latest version, that is FSX:Steam.

TheAirman

Re: Huge passengers
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 07:56:01 am »
Hi Virtuali,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

From your suggestions:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX. [I recently clean re-install FSX and all my addons. Also added the HIGHMEMFIX - Issue still seen]

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode. [I believe I'm not running any addons with compatibility mode]

Anyway, thanks for the effort in helping my GSX issue.