Author Topic: KLAX scenery issues  (Read 3988 times)

cirurgiao

KLAX scenery issues
« on: September 11, 2021, 03:40:08 pm »
Installed KLAX in P3D5.
Gate 153.
Eduardo Passos
Win10 64bit/P3Dv4.5/I10940X@4.2/GeForce RTX2080TI/128GB Corsair DDR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX scenery issues
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 04:56:32 pm »
When the gate positions don't match ( or you are parked, but GSX shows the menu normally used when you are outside a parking) it's usually a problem caused by another AFCAD in conflict. The most common cause of conflicts are those AFCAD supplied with AI traffic products, which are supposed to be used only if you use the default scenery, but must be removed if you have an addon.

You check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page, which will give you an idea of which is the conflicting airport.

cirurgiao

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 09:54:44 am »
1) have no AI traffic products
2) Are you referring to KLAX .ini files created inside ...\Virtuali\GSX?
Tks for answering Umberto
Eduardo Passos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 09:53:56 am »
As I've said:

"You check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page, which will give you an idea of which is the conflicting airport."

Have you done that ? If you are using FSDT KLAX, it must be the FSDT AFCAD name. If you see another name, then you have a conflict.

2) Are you referring to KLAX .ini files created inside ...\Virtuali\GSX?

One thing at a time. Each .INI is associated to a different AFCAD so, if your .INI file was made for the default ( or another conflicting scenery ) .BGL, it would be loaded IF the matching .BGL from the default scenery has been loaded by GSX, which shouldn't happen.

The problem in your screenshot is NOT "just" positions not matched, you also have default objects mixed with FSDT KLAX, that's why this is not just a matter of GSX loading the wrong file, it's THE SIM loading the wrong file, GSX is only following it.

cirurgiao

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 10:22:03 am »
Excuse my ignorance on those matters.

"You check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page, which will give you an idea of which is the conflicting airport." => Where do I find it?
I didn't install other KLAX scenery except yours.

"You check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in the parking customization page, which will give you an idea of which is the conflicting airport" => do I get this while running P3Dv5, opening Addons, going to GSX and then to customize?
Eduardo Passos

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 10:27:35 am »
The parking configuration page, which is probably the most important page in GSX, is accessible both from option 9 ( Customize this parking position ) in the GSX menu, or "Customize airport position" from the Add-ons->GSX menu.

I really thing you should start having a look at the manual, because this is an extremely basic function, Page 31 has a screenshot how it looks like, the name of the AFCAD in use and the related .INI  file are right on top of the dialog.

cirurgiao

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 01:54:58 pm »
1) will read
2) don't know what happened (maybe I installed FSDT KLAX and opened it before restarting pc or else). Anyway problem seems solved.
same gate 153
Tks
Eduardo Passos