Author Topic: Live Updater  (Read 2109 times)

bcarter

Live Updater
« on: September 11, 2021, 05:57:54 am »
Hi  there,

I have installed GSXv2 again with a clean install. Now, every time the live update runs I receive the message: "Problem saving XML file - Access to the path is denied". When I click okay, the updater runs and completes.
When I run P3Dv5.2, GSX regenerates the airport cache and then other alarms pop up to create a log file and closes Couatl.
Very frustrating! I have seen similar posts but none with the live update message.
Regards
Brian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Live Updater
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 10:16:05 am »
That's not normal and, as you said yourself, nobody has reported this problem. Try this:

- Restart Windows

- Remove the Documents\Prepar3d v5 Addons\Fsdreamteam Addon Manager folder

- Reinstall GSX again.

When I run P3Dv5.2, GSX regenerates the airport cache and then other alarms pop up to create a log file and closes Couatl.

That's likely because the folder with the extra liveries hasn't been added to the add-on.xml, because of the above error.

bcarter

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 02:17:13 am »
Thanks Umberto, I’ll give it a try.
May I please have the full name and location of the ini file to remove the jetway logos? I’ve seen the references to it, but can’t find the source.
Thank you,
Brian

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 03:00:29 am »
Go to C:\Users\(User account name)\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX, and then open it for whichever airport you are trying to fix.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 10:08:43 am »
May I please have the full name and location of the ini file to remove the jetway logos? I’ve seen the references to it, but can’t find the source.

Check this reply:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25508.msg167902.html#msg167902

So yes, while cleaning V4 profiles with custom textures will surely work ( note that, you'll have to check for handlingtexture and cateringtexture too ), I suggest waiting for the automatic solution, especially if you still use V4 and would like to keep those profiles as they were.