Author Topic: Loading problem with KORD V2 MSFS  (Read 2953 times)

henry23

Loading problem with KORD V2 MSFS
« on: September 09, 2021, 06:11:45 pm »
Hello, I have recently puchased Kord V2 but I cannot get it to load properly into the sim. It loads half way and then hangs and I have to come out with the use of the task manager. Everything is in place within the addon manager and I have run 3 updates from from the live update.  I have even tried dropping it into an empty community folder but the problem still exists. Now, I did have it originally in the sims content manager but that didn't work either, the same thing was happening. Is it possible that there may be a conflict somewhere? I think though, having a copy from addon manager in the empty  community folder may negate that. The sims content manager is saying that KORD can no longer be downloaded, so a clash is not likely there. Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Loading problem with KORD V2 MSFS
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 06:18:45 pm »
There's a known bug that is being investigated right now by Microsoft/Asobo, which seems to affect lots of 3rd party sceneries, which is the infamous "60% freeze on load".

What we know is:

- It doesn't happen every time. If the scenery had a problem, it should always happen but, instead, it seems to happen about 30% of the time.

- It doesn't happen with a specific product, we read reports of this happening with multiple sceneries from different developers.

- The problem seems to be fixed entirely by disabling "Online functionality".

- The sim might not be REALLY locked up because, some users reported it eventually loads, possibly even taking an hour or so.

- When the sim appears to be frozen, is in fact doing something, since there's some activity on the network, connecting to Azure, just at a *very* slow speed, which might explain why it eventually comes up after a long time.

We have supplied all this information to Asobo so, hopefully they will come up with a fix for the next update.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 09:55:47 am by virtuali »

henry23

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 07:12:45 am »
Thank you for your reply Umberto, I will try the options that you have suggested.

Zimmerbz

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 07:27:49 pm »
Has this been resolved?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 11:01:27 am »
Has this been resolved?

As explained on my last reply, we supplied all the required information to Asobo so, it's up to them to fix this because, of course, it happens with dozen of different sceneries from different developers, and these are all sceneries which worked perfectly fine before Sim Update 5.

The earliest we can expect a fix, is likely Sim Update 6 which, according to the latest press release from Microsoft, is scheduled for late October.

Zimmerbz

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 04:45:41 pm »
Not sure if it is a coincidence or if it was fixed, but after SU6, I was able to load KORD multiple times without issue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 02:48:15 pm »
Not sure if it is a coincidence or if it was fixed, but after SU6, I was able to load KORD multiple times without issue

It's not a coincidence, it's the clear proof what I said in my previous post was correct: the sim crashed because of a SU5 bug and, as soon they fixed it, the crashed stopped immediately, without requiring any change in the scenery, which has always been fine.

And, all jetways shows up now, which was another SU5 bug fixed with SU6.