Author Topic: GSX won’t install **SOLVED**  (Read 12262 times)

Alabamaboy

Re: GSX won’t install
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 02:58:40 am »
Maybe this will explain of one of many im getting

https://gyazo.com/3d7700e1e9a072a7b9c75d302ab4a98b

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 03:06:00 am »
No need to post the 2nd screenshot, the one with the MD5 was more than enough.

The .BIN files number 2 and 3 don't match the checksum of the files we have online. Of course, I checked again and download them again here, and they DO match here so, the only possible explanation might be your local Cloudflare node still hasn't got the latest files.

I triggered a refresh of those, perhaps the node will finally get them now. Try again, and check the MD5 again. Those are the correct ones:

3416B44BD90FCE41763C486525BAFD8A  gsx_p3d4_setup2-1.bin
145B05F4C93A2B18E86B4967C0CF8625  gsx_p3d4_setup2-2.bin
1C594A519850233162A2B6AAEEDD0E8E  gsx_p3d4_setup2-3.bin
1B9A7ADC88C2B84B3B6C25616874BC3E  gsx_p3d4_setup2-4.bin
2D7220A469B9A3C1DD9566217DED0ED5  gsx_p3d4_setup2-5.bin
42BB660B95FA0AA5258D86339DA3F5EF  gsx_p3d4_setup2-6.bin
458CB2110C90BB3A79CADB35A88714CF  gsx_p3d4_setup2.exe

Alabamaboy

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 03:20:55 am »
It worked this time many thanks

johnnyo411

Re: GSX won’t install **SOLVED**
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2021, 05:49:38 am »
Are there any other suggestions? I have now tried a new download more than 15 times! used firefox, chrome, edge, ran it as admin turned off ALL virus protection, rebooted everytime very frustrating, I don't see how I can get a bad download over 15 times trying. Is there another source for the download other than the website?

After now more than 4 wasted hours and over 20 attempts to download from your website it is still failing. There must be something wrong. It is a different file EVERYTIME that says it is corrupted. So totally not sure what to do to get this working.

so not trying to be defeated I tried another 5 times and it is still not working !!!!! the only thing I notice is the file downloaded is  gsx_p3d4_setup I am running P3dv5 but there is no option for that. To make things worse I tried installing my other FSDT products and they state that GSX has to be installed first !! very very frustrating!!!!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 08:23:27 am by johnnyo411 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2021, 09:30:32 am »
Are you aware you are replying to a post from September, which only ONE user other than you ever posted, and he too confirmed it finally worked for him ? I can only repeat and confirm what was already said back then:

- the file we have online are fine

- it's really not possible your local cloudflare node still not got the latest file after months ( assuming this was Alabamaboy's problem )

And, it's entirely correct the file downloaded is gsx_p3d4_setup, the P3D4 installer supports both P3D V5. If we had a separate installer for P3D V5, we would have made it clearly available.

So, the same suggestions which were valid back then are still valid:

- Clear your browser cache

- Try with another browser if that doesn't work

- Be sure you don't have a firewall/antivirus that is blocking the download

- Try to remove the Documents\GSX_Installer folder, if you have one, and retry the download.

johnnyo411

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2021, 05:31:44 am »
Thanks, and yes I realized it was an old post I was just trying not to clutter the forums up with previously discussed items. I will keep trying and if nothing works I will rebuild my system. I have never had this problem before so just stumped at why this is happening. Thanks again for the response and I will not post in an old thread again.

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2021, 11:37:51 am »
. Thanks again for the response and I will not post in an old thread again

I never said you shouldn't have posted. In fact, it's perfectly fine to post in an old thread, to not clutter the forum with repeated posts about same issues. My point about this thread being months old, was just to remark nobody, other than the OP and now you, ever reported any issues with downloads so, clearly, the installer files must be ok, otherwise we would be swamped by similar reports ( we have hundreds of downloads *per day* )

brucewtb

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2022, 06:08:27 am »
Sorry to post in an old thread but I am having repeated issues with being able to download a "clean" GSX installer with matching checksums.  I have cleared my browser cache, disabled my firewall and virus scanner, deleted the GSX Installer folder in my documents repeated the downloads but the checksums are not matching for any of the 7 download files as posted elsewhere in this thread and I get the "source file is corrupted error" if I continue with the install. I have repeated this process about 10 times to no avail.  If any assistance is possible I would appreciate it. Seems odd that other downloads are "clean" but not these. Thank you

Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2022, 11:20:34 am »
That's because we just updated them as, as explained in this very thread, after an update it might take a while for all Cloudflare nodes to get the update files, your local node might still have got the old files or, even worse, some of them might be new, some of them are still the old version.

Of course your checksums don't match the one in this thread, the installer has likely been updated other times in between so, it's not a problem if they don't match those checksum, the new ones are:

2C7DDE2E1AB5D83B18A6BEE5256216A7  gsx_p3d4_setup2-6.bin
1E705270C1CC249389DD005310D91A98  gsx_p3d4_setup2-5.bin
34169CEBD3556063052AF484BBDB4D00  gsx_p3d4_setup2-4.bin
20E04D8321AA5656BCF9288310245D64  gsx_p3d4_setup2-3.bin
D72140A7A154CC0B1CB60F1EEF62964C  gsx_p3d4_setup2-2.bin
5FCBDEFF9D6B96CB736E796DE5496025  gsx_p3d4_setup2-1.bin
F5FF4B3B680F4AA7B519E190948A9C8D  gsx_p3d4_setup2.exe

cjibbotson

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2022, 01:01:51 pm »
I too am getting exactly the same problem.  The updater crashed out twice with no error at Stage 1 of 35 files being downloaded / installed.  I then uninstalled GSX, remved the addon manager folder, cleared my temp folder and disabled my antivirus.  I am not sure why browsers are mentioned as all bin files are downloaded via the GSX installer and not through a saveas on a web browser.  On attempting a full install I get at least two errors about corrupt source files.  I have run the installer as Administrator, removed the overclock on my cpu but its still the same.

I removed everything again, cleared folders and installed an older backup copy I had of GSX and it installed fine.  Havent tested it yet, or checked if it has or will update.
I will check the checksums against the above after I download an MD5 app.

EDIT: I ran an updated Checksum checker utility and 6.bin is incorrect (See attached)  How do I download it as I have no control over downloads as the "gsx_p3d4_setup.exe" does all that?

EDIT 2: I still have the slightly older version installed, since I do not know how to download the correct 6.bin file without hash errors as there is no user control over it.  When I run the FSDT Live Update, it disappears and I see two errors in Event Viewer (also attached).  I give up for now as this has taken up too much of my time.

Chris Ibbotson
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:31:38 pm by virtuali »

Marioaloje

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2022, 06:14:10 pm »
Hello, I have the same error! tried to disable antivirus, cleared temp folder, and when I try to install GSX it says that there are corrupt files.. I really don't know what to do, I have read so many posts on the forum related to this but I don't know what is happening, I am with this problem since yesterday.. I think when the exe is downloading files, the files are not downloading correctly. I use P3D v4.5.

I ran MD5Checker and it says this:

5890781B9EBAB4780260BB4D184518AB  gsx_p3d4_setup2.exe

I see the last one is not correct, how can I get the correct/new one?

Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2022, 06:39:01 pm »
EDIT: I ran an updated Checksum checker utility and 6.bin is incorrect (See attached)  How do I download it as I have no control over downloads as the "gsx_p3d4_setup.exe" does all that?

EDIT 2: I still have the slightly older version installed, since I do not know how to download the correct 6.bin file without hash errors as there is no user control over it.  When I run the FSDT Live Update, it disappears and I see two errors in Event Viewer (also attached).  I give up for now as this has taken up too much of my time.

As I already replied to you, unless you need to reinstall from scratch, you don't need to redownload the full installer again, when the updater is perfectly capable to update any installation. Using the full installer won't change anything, because it contains the new updater, the same that according to you, is "crashing" at the 1st step.

But, are you SURE it's "crashing" ? If you have only GSX installed, it will perform just ONE step: GSX. And at the end, it will quit automatically, saving you from that final and useless click on the "exit" button of the previous version. We'll probably need to remove the Exit button, since it seems to confuse lots of people that are expecting to work like the previous version.

If, instead, you have *other* FSDT products, than it's a completely different issue, and more steps should be performed. But you will never see all 35 being done, unless you have EVERYTHING from FSDT installed.

In any case, if you are having problem with the updater, you should instead try the new Universal installer.

About the full installer download, as explained in other threads, the correct files will eventually reach your local Cloudflare node very soon, so you'll get the right version, eventually.

Note that, going forward, when we'll add the ability to install from scratch even to FSX/P3D products to the Universal Installer ( now possible only with MSFS ), we'll get rid of all installers anyway, so everything will be done through the Universal installer.

Marioaloje

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2022, 09:07:53 pm »
Hello, I have the same error! tried to disable antivirus, cleared temp folder, and when I try to install GSX it says that there are corrupt files.. I really don't know what to do, I have read so many posts on the forum related to this but I don't know what is happening, I am with this problem since yesterday.. I think when the exe is downloading files, the files are not downloading correctly. I use P3D v4.5.

I ran MD5Checker and it says this:

5890781B9EBAB4780260BB4D184518AB  gsx_p3d4_setup2.exe

I see the last one is not correct, how can I get the correct/new one?

Thanks in advance.

Problem solved, just installing FSDT Universal Installer, and then gsx_p3d4_setup, thanks.

cjibbotson

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2022, 09:27:47 pm »
Sorry I wasnt aware of any other reply today, this is the first notication I have received regarding replies.  When an updater suddenly vanishes when it is only on Stage 1 of 35 Stages, and only after a few seconds into a major update, it certainly looks like it has crashed.  The updated doesnt state the 35 relates to all your products, I expected that was 35 stages owas for the GSX update only but thanks for clarifying.  The updater closing happens along with Event Viewer showing errors at the time relating to the updater does show some form of a problem.  I and many others do not believe its a useless click to close the updater, we require confirmation the update has completed successfully.

Since I uninstalled GSX I attempted to redownload the installer files 4x, this was due to warnings about corrupt source files.  You replied to others about errors and the need to check the hash value. File 6 in all cases had a different value - hence the corrupt warning and inability to install.  I even tried to download it onto my laptop, which has never had P3D nor GSX installed, it also does not have any anti virus installed and it too gave a corrupt error when trying to install GSX though for a different file.

I installed using an older installer backup from about 2 months ago and ran the updater again but like before Event Viewer shows errors.  Also ran the universal installer and pressed the update on both GSX entries.  It now appears to work but only when starting with the older installer.  I have no idea what you mean about Local Cloudflare nodes, do the files not come off your own server?

I sort of got it working and edited a parking spot at one airport though something weird happened after deicing, no pushback truck arrived nor was visible.
I have just tested another again at a different airport, set up a path for passengers, selected to not show barriers and pressed Y to return to the sim.  GSX vanished from the sim and all entries disappeared too from the Add-ons menu at the top of the sim like others are reporting.

Chris
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 09:32:01 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2022, 09:58:36 pm »
When an updater suddenly vanishes when it is only on Stage 1 of 35 Stages, and only after a few seconds into a major update, it certainly looks like it has crashed.

We keep trying thinking about new ways to make things easier and faster.

That useless wait for you to press an Exit button in the old version, when the application didn't had any other thing left other than...existing, was a way to save you for that useless click each time you run the update.

The updated doesnt state the 35 relates to all your products, I expected that was 35 stages owas for the GSX update only but thanks for clarifying.

Of course it does, check better. Just over the "1 to 35" steps, there's an heading stating exactly that:

Please wait while updating all your FSDreamTeam products in your system.

Note that, this isn't any different than the previous version, just that more steps were indicated ( more than 500 ) before but again, we tried to make it more streamlined and easier to use so, instead of dividing each add-on into sub-steps and list do them separately, we are now listing 1 Step = 1 Product.

Is indicating the GSX Marshaller as a separate step of the GSX Traffic Cone giving you any more value ? This makes updating GSX faster, since it's combining several steps which were previously listed separately into one.

But no, even before, you never seen all 500 steps being completed, except in case you had ALL FSDT products installed so, it's nothing new, just with less steps listed.

The updater closing happens along with Event Viewer showing errors at the time relating to the updater does show some form of a problem.  I and many others do not believe its a useless click to close the updater, we require confirmation the update has completed successfully.

You are mixing up two different cases and not everybody encountered the same issue:

- SOME users had the error in the Event Viewer and yes, in THIS case, it is a problem, and I think a further update that has been released today *should* have been fixed. And, it seems that everybody that had the error before, fixed it by running the new FSDT Universal Installer.

- OTHER users only had the program closing, with no errors reported and in THIS case, they were just confused by the new automatic Exit. Yes, I think we'll likely need to remove the Exit button altogether when running as an Updater, possibly replaced by a sign saying the updater will close automatically when it's done.

Since I uninstalled GSX I attempted to redownload the installer files 4x, this was due to warnings about corrupt source files.  You replied to others about errors and the need to check the hash value. File 6 in all cases had a different value - hence the corrupt warning and inability to install.  I even tried to download it onto my laptop, which has never had P3D nor GSX installed, it also does not have any anti virus installed and it too gave a corrupt error when trying to install GSX though for a different file.

Now you are adding ANOTHER completely unrelated issue, which has been thoroughly explained to be caused by delays in all network getting the latest files, and will likely sort out by itself.

I installed using an older installer backup from about 2 months ago and ran the updater again but like before Event Viewer shows errors.

That's precisely why, IF you are affected by the event viewer error, you should use the new Universal Installer.

Also ran the universal installer and pressed the update on both GSX entries.  It now appears to work

Yes, that's what everybody else with the error confirmed.

but only when starting with the older installer.

Well, of course you can't use the new installer unless you finally get all the correct files.

I have no idea what you mean about Local Cloudflare nodes, do the files not come off your own server?

OF COURSE NOT!! The originate from our server but, nobody downloads them directly from it. When we release them, they are replicated over the Cloudflare network of 250+ nodes all around the world, and each users will download from the one closest to him.

https://www.cloudflare.com/network/

The whole process is entirely automatic, not unlike DNS update, which might take minutes for some users, or up to a day or more for other users so, a website moves, but you are still looking at the old web site, because your ISP hasn't update the DNS yet.

THis is the same, but for downloads.

If we didn't use Cloudflare, and tried to serve everybody from our server, it will crash minutes after a new release ( happened many times to many popular add-on developers, *never* happened to us ) so, instead of "just" getting an outdated file, you would get no file at all, because the server crashed under load.

I have just tested another again at a different airport, set up a path for passengers, selected to not show barriers and pressed Y to return to the sim.  GSX vanished from the sim and all entries disappeared too from the Add-ons menu at the top of the sim like others are reporting.

Nobody reported all entries disappearing from the menu after editing a parking, you are the first. It MIGHT be related to the crash when stairs start to move, which still happens to some users, but I can't say for sure if they are.