Author Topic: Unable to edit service vehicles  (Read 2365 times)

renzomarcus

Unable to edit service vehicles
« on: February 17, 2022, 12:50:25 am »
Hi there,

On the latest version it seems that changing the location of ground vehicles is no longer saved when you go to the next gate or when you go out of editing mode. They always spawn back to their default location (Tested on the LPPD scenery available through ORBX). I couldn't see this reported yet and assume a bug at this point, as I did a full clean install of Windows and P3D and had no errors.

Kind regards,
Renzo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to edit service vehicles
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 01:07:52 am »
Checked it now, they works as usual.

Papacoach

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 01:56:55 am »
I can report this at KORD v2 as well trying to edit C9. Selecting customize wouldn't launch the vehicles. It appeared to have some effect as the aircraft changed to slew. I did need to select the Y key to exit.

Will try other airports, gates and aircraft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 02:17:17 pm »
I can report this at KORD v2 as well trying to edit C9. Selecting customize wouldn't launch the vehicles.

I tried that exact gate at KORD V2, purposely using the PMDG 737 in order to put more stress on the sim, and it works normally.

Are you doing something different ?

Papacoach

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 02:37:51 pm »
Good morning. After an update and reboot this morning I no longer have the issues I was facing yesterday. The only other change in the system yesterday was installing the latest active sky, which did run a VC++ redistribution or two.

Problems included calling the ctrl/f12 with no response, the vehicle customization not showing vehicles, and a couatl crash (disappearing from menu) after running the restart/rebuild.

Anyway, all seems good today. Thanks again for your perseverance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 02:43:11 pm »
Good morning. After an update and reboot this morning I no longer have the issues I was facing yesterday. The only other change in the system yesterday was installing the latest active sky, which did run a VC++ redistribution or two.

That's to be expected. When a new version of the VC++ redistributable is installed, a reboot is almost always required, because the redistributable installers delayed the final stage of the setup to the *next* reboot, because some files couldn't be updated while Windows is running, so the redistributable installation is not complete until then.

And yes, since our software ( like any other Windows software ), depends entirely from the VC++ runtime libraries, it will likely fail if there's any issues with those.

renzomarcus

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 12:13:56 am »

That's to be expected. When a new version of the VC++ redistributable is installed, a reboot is almost always required, because the redistributable installers delayed the final stage of the setup to the *next* reboot, because some files couldn't be updated while Windows is running, so the redistributable installation is not complete until then.

And yes, since our software ( like any other Windows software ), depends entirely from the VC++ runtime libraries, it will likely fail if there's any issues with those.

I just did a full restart of my system just in case, but you can see that when I change the tug location, it jumps back after going back into edit mode. It does not save the location at all.

You can't see me click in the GSX config window, but you get the idea.

Please do not gigve me the answer that it works for you. You can clearly see it does not for me, all of the runtimes that are required by GSX are installed.

Kind regards,
Renzo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 12:22:45 am »
You can't see me click in the GSX config window, but you get the idea. Please do not gigve me the answer that it works for you. You can clearly see it does not for me, all of the runtimes that are required by GSX are installed.

Of course I'll give you the answer that it works for me, because that's a clear indication the problem is NOT GSX.

Looking at your video, I can see there's ANOTHER application that is interfering, that green line that says "Entering Slew Mode - recalculating data..." which appears very briefly when you Enter Slew and appears again when you Exit Slew is NOT coming from GSX!

I don't know what that is but, depending how it's made, it seems to have intercepted the Enter/Exit in Slew mode and, I can see the Exit interception might cause issue, since GSX needs to know when you Exit Slew to save the .INI file.

Try to disable it and see if GSX can save now.

renzomarcus

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2022, 12:51:41 am »
That message was caused by the FSLabs aircraft.
While that has never given me any issues, I quickly launched in a P3D default aircraft for the sake of troubleshooting.
As you can see, the result is the same. Also when changing from on stand to another and back, the saved location is gone.
Curiously, please note that when I adjust the marshaller, that IS saved.

https://youtu.be/MZAYu2tZ5z8
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 11:21:23 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2022, 11:23:53 am »
Curiously, please note that when I adjust the marshaller, that IS saved.

I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm the problem doesn't happen, and I took the time to both testing it, and posting a video to show it works. Also, nobody reported this problem, and people are sharing their customization with Walk-in gates so, clearly, it doesn't work "only for me", but it works for everybody, except you.

Are you SURE you have run the FSDT Live Update so you have the latest version ? We had a problem with the GSX Apply button not working, but this was only in the first release of this update, it has been fixed, and multiple users confirmed it was fixed.

renzomarcus

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2022, 03:57:24 pm »
I just did an update for the sake of it, but the result is still the same. The changed locations of vehicles are not saved.I did some further testing, and it appears I CAN adjust the service vehicles on the LPPT scenery distributed by ORBX, just not on LPPD distributed by ORBX. Both are on the latest versions. This means the problem is isolated with the ORBX LPPD scenery. Is there not any log you can verify that Couatl generates when it tries to save the service vehicle locations? Something specific is blocking it in this specific case, which I feel needs to be looked at properly.
Have you tested with this exact scenery? If not, I am available if you need more troubleshooting information.

renzomarcus

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2022, 04:06:58 pm »
Some extra information. The problem does not seem to be related to the airport itself, but to the config files.
I copied all of my old config files from my previous installment over to the new GSX so I do not have to configure these again, but it seems that GSX is unable to create a new file.
The reason for this is that I can edit existing configurations, but LPPD is a new configuration for me. As you can see in the screenshot below, the file for LPPD does not exist.
This means that GSX is somehow unable to create the ini file.
Please point me towards logging or how to enable debug logging to figure out why.

Second screenshot shows that it is trying to write to lppd-m47np7.ini
After manually creating the file and adding the AFCAD reference, GSX is now able to save the positions.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 04:14:11 pm by renzomarcus »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2022, 10:40:36 pm »
Please point me towards logging or how to enable debug logging to figure out why.

The logging option is right there in the GSX Settings. Turn it on, and see exit the sim AFTER you press APPLY after you created a new file which seems can't be created.