Author Topic: No night lights when loading flight at night  (Read 7016 times)

MediumRareBaku

Re: No night lights when loading flight at night
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2021, 11:56:41 pm »
There are two separate issues in your video:

1) You were taxiing continuously, without ever stopping. The evaluation of your position and the switching of the light on/off is NOT done at every frame, because if we tried to do that, those checks will cause stuttering and fps slowdowns so, there's some inertia in the check, meaning you need to wait a couple of seconds before you can see the light switching on or off. But, if you are taxiing continuously, it's possible you entered and exited in the area that would trigger a light during updates.

The additional dynamic lights has been designed mostly as an increase in lighting when you park, and this method is the only way to have hundreds of lights working without killing the fps, because no more than 8-10 are ever active at the same time.

OK, but what explains the lights not being on when I load in at a gate? I sit there, it's dark, no lights pop on.

2 ) Your image is generally too dark. Find below a video of how KORD V2 REALLY looks like. Of course, I using 100% default light settings and no shader tweaks or changes. If you changed the default brightness/saturation values to anything other than the defaults of 1.00, or applied any kind of shader modifications, then all bets are off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKIYF_5Fto

My lighting is 100% default, 1.0 for every value. I use no shaders, I use no post-processing, what you see in that video is 100% out of the box default.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No night lights when loading flight at night
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2021, 09:09:33 am »
OK, but what explains the lights not being on when I load in at a gate? I sit there, it's dark, no lights pop on.

Doesn't happen here, as you can see in my video, which shows DL switch on when parked.

My lighting is 100% default, 1.0 for every value. I use no shaders, I use no post-processing, what you see in that video is 100% out of the box default.

Yet, DL in my video, which is surely default ( clean P3D V5 install, no other add-ons other than FSDT sceneries ), is considerably brighter than yours so, something must be different in your setup.