Author Topic: GSX Issues with gates ORD v2  (Read 2873 times)

WestIandian86

GSX Issues with gates ORD v2
« on: June 25, 2021, 12:36:26 am »
I just did a flight to ORD and I taxied to the gate K9 which was already activated on taxi for parking.

Whilst on the line to park (not pictured attached) I realised that the sim showed that I was passing through the gate - it was that closed to the plane. I selected deboarding and the gate would not move. I moved the plane slightly to the right (pictured) thinking it would have helped - to my dismay it didn't. I got the message in green that I am not sure how to address.

I tried to edit the airport position but the gate wasn't part of the cycle. What do you recommend to fix this issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Issues with gates ORD v2
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 01:25:02 pm »
That jetway looks very bad to be an FSDT jetway. Have you possibly installed another scenery for KORD which wasn't properly uninstalled, so its own SODE jetways are still there ?

WestIandian86

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 10:50:49 pm »
Hey Umberto,

Sorry for the delay.. I did realize that I had the DD Scenery still active in the SODE  folder. I removed those and now rather than having gates fixed, its now showing the red X's.

I did some review of the other similar posts and tried what was offered and to no avail. I do not use UTL; I also did a run of the FSDT Updater tool to correct anything i may have messed up - potentially.

See the attached photo.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 10:01:01 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 10:01:13 am »
Sorry for the delay.. I did realize that I had the DD Scenery still active in the SODE  folder. I removed those and now rather than having gates fixed, its now showing the red X's.

Red X are NOT a GSX issue. Red X are created by SODE, to indicate an object ( usually a jetway ) that is created by a SODE XML file has been removed, so SODE can't find the objects, because you uninstalled the scenery.

Which seems to indicate you removed the scenery, but you failed to remove the SODE XML file. Note that, DD sceneries don't use XML files, but SDX files ( which are encrypted XMLs ), so you need to check both XML and SDX folders in the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot folder and remove everything related to KORD.