Author Topic: Unable to register scenery  (Read 5222 times)

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
Unable to register scenery
« on: January 01, 2010, 09:17:49 am »
I just did a complete fresh install of W7 64. I have had not issues reinstalling any of my FS9 sceneries except FSDT. I have read everything on the forum and nothing is working. When I select addon manager, the whole screen goes black. I then hit the windsow button on the key board where I find the pop up to enter the serial number. I do that and still nothing but black. Please Help!!!!
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Unable to register scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 03:22:22 pm »
As explained on the manual, FS9 has issues displaying a standard Windows dialog in full screen so, it's suggested you do everything related to both purchase and/or reactivation, in Windowed mode. The program hasn't "crashed", it's just the dialog to enter the Serial number has gone in the background. FSX doesn't have this issue, because it has a proper dialog mode, and even under FS9, it only happens with some video drivers. Windowed mode, instead, always works.

You can go back to Full screen when you are done with the reactivations.

ggi

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 09:06:47 am »
I'm running FSX SP2 DX10 preview mode with a recent new install of Win 7-64.
I have purchased KJFK, LSGG & LSZH. I get the 'Trail Mode' message on load, and I can open the register serial window, but after entering the number and pressing OK, the scenery remains in trial mode.
I've disabled the firewall, I've asked Win 7 to allow permission for changes made by/to the bglmanx files and I'm really at a dead end now. I had no problems with the scenery on previous Vista 32 installation. Anything else I can try please?
Thanks for your help.
By the way - your sceneries are fantastic, I've loved using them, thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 11:32:34 am »
I'm running FSX SP2 DX10 preview mode with a recent new install of Win 7-64.

None of our sceneries will ever work under DX10, except for KJFK, as listed on the system requirements on the web site. However, this doesn't have anything to do with activation but, just a reminder, even if the scenery is active, it won't work under DX10.

I have purchased KJFK, LSGG & LSZH. I get the 'Trail Mode' message on load, and I can open the register serial window, but after entering the number and pressing OK, the scenery remains in trial mode.

Please, be more specific. If FSX goes back to flight as soon as you press the OK button on the "Register Serial" dialog, without doing anything, it simply means you entered your serial wrong. Pay attention not to put extra spaces at the end or at the start of the code, which is easy to overlook if copy&pasting from the email.

You should see a request that says "Do you want to activate the scenery on this PC?", then the program will check the activation online. If you don't see it, it means you entered the wrong serial.

I've disabled the firewall, I've asked Win 7 to allow permission for changes made by/to the bglmanx files and I'm really at a dead end now. I had no problems with the scenery on previous Vista 32 installation. Anything else I can try please?

Perhaps your user account doesn't have administrator rights. If this is the case, try to run FSX as administrator.

ggi

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 09:56:43 am »
Please, be more specific. If FSX goes back to flight as soon as you press the OK button on the "Register Serial" dialog, without doing anything, it simply means you entered your serial wrong.

I've definitely not made a mistake with the serial number. I've downloaded the standalone manager and run that too - activation window still will not register the serial, I also was resent my serials to double check the correct entry.

ggi

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 09:57:54 am »
Forgot to add - I'm using FSX with Win7-64.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 11:27:42 am »
There are no problems under Windows 7 64 bit, can you please describe, precisely, what's happening after you select "Register Serial" ?

If FSX returns back to flying without doing anytying, it means you entered your Serial wrong. If you could contact me via email, I can check your order and your serial.

If you entered your serial correctly, you should get a request "Do you want to activate on this PC?", and "Are you sure?"

If you reply YES, and THEN nothing happens, it's something related to the internet connection, like firewall, etc.