Author Topic: Ground Vehicals Kicking Up Dirt.  (Read 4404 times)

rsmith6621a

Ground Vehicals Kicking Up Dirt.
« on: June 26, 2021, 02:51:45 am »

The screenshots tell the story. That is not exhaust, that is dirt.

Thank you, Your buddy

Randy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground Vehicals Kicking Up Dirt.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 01:19:49 pm »
Which version of the sim ?

rsmith6621a

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 03:21:38 am »

V5.1

BTW with PHNL what keeps updating each time when I run live updater

rsmith6621a

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 02:16:36 am »

V5.1

BTW with PHNL what keeps updating each time when I run live updater

Hello.

Any reply?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 01:22:47 pm »
I cannot reproduce any of your issues.

Here, a video showing a ground vehicle running over the airport with no dirt:

So, the problem must be created by another scenery in conflict.

And, I don't see any continuous updates for PHNL either:

https://youtu.be/t_VbJXGEcUE

Have you modified the AFCAD the scenery comes with ? That would explain the Live update request to update it, and possibly the problem with the ground.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 01:24:20 pm by virtuali »

rsmith6621a

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2021, 04:25:07 pm »
I cannot reproduce any of your issues.

Here, a video showing a ground vehicle running over the airport with no dirt:

So, the problem must be created by another scenery in conflict.

And, I don't see any continuous updates for PHNL either:

https://youtu.be/t_VbJXGEcUE

Have you modified the AFCAD the scenery comes with ? That would explain the Live update request to update it, and possibly the problem with the ground.

It was KMEM that I am having dirt issues with not PHNL.

I have not done anything to the PHNL scenery. Pretty much everything is on a fresh install. BTW....I hear rumors of a new PHNL and KLAX in the works for P3dv5.2. Is there any truth to this?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 04:27:12 pm by rsmith6621a »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 08:53:46 pm »
It was KMEM that I am having dirt issues with not PHNL.

I'm sorry, I was confused by your reference to PHNL being always updated, so I thought both problems happened there. In any case, I checked KMEM ( in P3D 5.2 HF1 ), but I can't see the issue there either:

https://youtu.be/r5_TVm_AMFg

I have not done anything to the PHNL scenery. Pretty much everything is on a fresh install.

Other than suggesting to be sure:

- your firewall is not blocking the updater

- the whole Addon Manager folder is added to the antivirus Exclusions

There shouldn't be any reason for always seeing PHNL being updated. Are always the same files being updated ?

BTW....I hear rumors of a new PHNL and KLAX in the works for P3dv5.2. Is there any truth to this?

We never said anything about a new version of KLAX, and currently nobody is working on it.

The airport is undergoing a massive rebuild that will take some years to be completed so, starting right now might not be the best possible idea, especially considering MSFS 2020 has a fairly good version of KLAX and, everything we do or we don't do, is 100% related to the MSFS market situation.

About PHNL, we started working on a brand new version made from scratch and when we started, it was thought to be for P3D5 only but, while working on it, two things happened:

1) People nowadays want extremely detailed sceneries and, while the scenery worked just fine with nothing else installed, when you started to add some stuff like OrbX vector or OrbX Cityscape Honolulu, the scenery couldn't possibly fit in VRAM anymore, not even on an 8GB card, because about 70% of all VRAM was already taken by OrbX. And with P3D V5, if you are out of VRAM, the sim will just crash hard, not just slow down. Releasing a scenery that would only work on P3D with video cards of AT LEAST 11 GB would have been a commercial suicide, especially in light of point #2

2) MSFS 2020 came out in the meantime, which we can't simply afford to not support, and it's taking 95% of our dev time.

So, the new PHNL has been retargeted as an MSFS-only project. That same will be valid for an eventual future version of KLAX. The only product which will continue to be supported in P3D for the foreseeable future, it's GSX, because is designed to be as platform independent as possible.