Author Topic: Reinstall and No Internet  (Read 6909 times)

steev

Reinstall and No Internet
« on: July 05, 2021, 03:01:03 pm »
Hallo, some time ago I installed Cloud 9 Amsterdam and the FSDT Zürich, JFK, PHNL,
yet esellmerate running.

I use a patched (No CD) fs9.exe on WinXP(32), the System ist a Bit old but for fs9 o.k.

Because it is has no Internet Connection you sent me the stand alone addon Manager Files quoted below

Quote from: virtuali link=topic=21459.msg145919#msg145919

date=1563427891
You can download the latest Addon Manager files from here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglman/release/bglman.dll
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglman/bglman.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglman/bglman_fsdt.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglman/bglman_skymakers.dat
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglman/bglman_fbeam.dat

Put them in the FS9\MODULES folder

Now I want to Install additionally the FSDT KLAX Version in this mashine.
Are the files from above the actual ones for new activation appropriately on my System or do I need updated files ? Running the addon Manager Setup might locate my fs9.exe Version, but only when connected to Internet.
Might I lose activation of the other existing Installations, e.g. the Cloud9 Scenerie, overwriting the addon manager ?
Perhsps you could link the files from above to the latest appropriate versions if they are not.

Thank you very much :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstall and No Internet
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 10:57:53 am »
yet esellmerate running.

I use a patched (No CD) fs9.exe on WinXP(32), the System ist a Bit old but for fs9 o.k.

Esellerate closed in 2019, their activation servers don't exists anymore and, regardless if your internet connection is available or not, you cannot activate on Esellerate anymore.

We switched to another activation system, QLM/Soraco, and migrated all existing orders on it, so you can reactivate an old Esellerate serial key, or use the new QLM activation key that has been associated to your past orders, which can be retrieved as explained on the FAQ page of our site.

This requires an updated version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 that supports the new system, which you must install AFTER all you installed all the sceneries:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager

However, this being a new software, it doesn't support Windows XP, it might work on Windows 7, but the only officially supported OS are 8.1 and Windows 10. There's no way for us to change this, since in order to be compatible with current OS ( I remind you Windows 7 went out of all support in January 2020 ), we cannot support such an outdated OS so, the only way to reactivate your products is to use a supported OS.

Note that, this is only valid for FSDT products, not Cloud9.

There's no way to activate Cloud9 products right now, because they should have signed with QLM after Esellerate closed in 2019 and do the same order migration work we did, but since the former Cloud9 owners have quit the flight sim business more than 10 years ago, they haven't done that.

We have been trying to get hold of former Cloud9 owners, to ask permission to do something about, like automatically activating everything with no key, but haven't got any reply so far.

steev

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 01:11:18 pm »
O..k., thank you explaining.

So e.g. in Case of a HDD Crash or Something happans, I cannot reinstall FSDT anymore an the WinXP machine,
(Cloud 9 obviouly impossible anymore...if you got No reply from the former owners for so Long time)

Is it excluded, addon manager could run in a WinXP Environment although it is not supported?
Has anybody tried?
Or might you say there cannot be any Chance because updated addon manager uses Features WinXP does not include?

If not I can forget using the FSDT sceneries, too.
My currrent System might not be compatible with a new operating system, snd the many other fs9 addons, too. Fs9 and the addons are just constructed in WinXP(32) Environment...it is all years ago.
Using this old mashine means hoping it does not Crash as soon...
 I backuped the HDDs (RAID0 !) regulary, but also a Playback of the hole Backup on a new HDD e.g. might lead to lose FSDT(Cloud 9) activation?

Thats a mess, I have in Case to change to Freeware sceneries instead of FSDT , e.g.

Or a new Computer Systeme I have to build up...
But then for FSX or just the new MSFS.
Because there is a lot going on I wanted to wait ...

Solong it remains to hope my currrent System (Cloud 9 KLAX running! and I am happy with this Version)
still works for Long time... ::)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 01:49:46 am by steev »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 12:46:49 am »
So e.g. in Case of a HDD Crash or Something happans, I cannot reinstall FSDT anymore an the WinXP machine,

Exactly. We did our part to still support FS9, by updating the software but, the very act of updating the software, makes impossible to support Windows XP, because it's not possible to create an XP software nowadays, if using current compilers that works on supported OS. And in this case, there's the added complication of having to use a 3rd party library ( Soraco/QLM ), which requires a fairly recent version of .NET, which is surely not supported on XP either.

I backuped the HDDs (RAID0 !) regulary, but also a Playback of the hole Backup on a new HDD e.g. might lead to lose FSDT(Cloud 9) activation?

Yes, it's possible that restoring from a complete crash of the Windows boot drive might result in losing the activation, but I'm not sure of that, Esellerate never disclosed to us what exactly is being considered as an hardware change.

steev

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 02:08:32 am »
[

Exactly. We did our part to still support FS9, by updating the software but, the very act of updating the software, makes impossible to support Windows XP, because it's not possible to create an XP software nowadays, if using current compilers that works on supported OS. And in this case, there's the added complication of having to use a 3rd party library ( Soraco/QLM ), which requires a fairly recent version of .NET, which is surely not supported on XP either

O.k. the issue is, fs9 is by No means supported by Windows 10

perhaps is working under Win7
but comlpex addons like Pmdg etc programmed for XP Environment never support Win10
Maybe in some cases it might run but their CD Versions are Copy protected...
Threre is WinXP SP3 critical enough
even working fine on SP2
E.g. Win7 refuses Pmdg CD (FSX Version!)

So thats why using such an outdated OS...
Youve got there a compatible Environment.
Building up a newer System No drivers for XP...
Only 775 Socket only used and second hand Hardware available. Or you own such an old still working system, yet.
These issues should be considered supporting fs9 Software. Updated OS: Bad idea.
You might now take all fs9 sceneries Out of order Like Others do. Or is such an activation system for fs9 Versions really still necessary? Only few peaple
stucking on fs2004.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 01:49:15 pm »
O.k. the issue is, fs9 is by No means supported by Windows 10

Who told you that ? It works perfectly fine, how else you think we would be able to do the update of the software and test it ? We all use Windows 10, of course.

but comlpex addons like Pmdg etc programmed for XP Environment never support Win10

Maybe in some cases it might run but their CD Versions are Copy protected...
Threre is WinXP SP3 critical enough
even working fine on SP2
E.g. Win7 refuses Pmdg CD (FSX Version!) So thats why using such an outdated OS...

Windows XP went to be completely unsupported many years ago. Which means you were supposed to upgrade your OS, which you CAN do, if using FSDT products, since we always kept up with OS updates and, what we did, is to allow you to update your OS and KEEP using your old purchases.

Moving all existing orders to a new activation provider and working to update the software to work on newer OS took us effort/money, but we did it anyway, so you are not trapped into using an outdated OS, because the developers never took any time to upgrade their legacy products to be usable on newer OS.

I don't see what ELSE we could do to let you keep using your products, considering Esellerate ( which still supported XP, so you could use our old software ) closed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 01:50:51 pm by virtuali »