Author Topic: Trouble opening Download  (Read 2826 times)

skip d

Trouble opening Download
« on: October 09, 2021, 10:47:14 pm »
I purchased KDFW from PC Aviator.
After downloading,I got the 2 different choices and selected "FSX" because I'm running P3Dv5.
I got the following reply...

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at www.fsdreamteam.com Port 80

I tried to copy/paste and insert ....but got the same reply.
Any help ???
Thanks
Skip D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trouble opening Download
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 10:44:57 am »
Please don't use download links from PC Aviator, they might be outdated, use the download link on the Products page of our site.

skip d

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 10:52:31 pm »
Works GREAT  !!!
Thanks for the quick reply...
The 'Add on Manager' was placed in C/Program Files(x86)......can I move it to the G/P3Dv5 (flight simulator)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 10:10:31 am »
The 'Add on Manager' was placed in C/Program Files(x86)......can I move it to the G/P3Dv5 (flight simulator)

Installing the Addon Manager in the simulator own folder is probably the worse possible choice for a destination. In fact, LM reccomends a proper P3D product should NOT install *anything* in the simulator own folder and, even if some developers still do it, it's a sensible suggestion, which is why our installers comply with that.

Also, consider our installer shares a lot of files between different versions of the same product running on multiple simulators, for the obvious reason to not waste space with duplicate files when using multiple simulators so, installing something "inside" P3DV5, would be very confusing if you later on switch to MSFS and found all the FSDT add-ons for MSFS inside a P3D5...

The default install in C:\Program Files(x86)\Addon Manager is perfectly fine and, the only reason you would want to change it, is if you are low on space on the C drive. In that case, choose something else like D:, E:, F:, etc. but not the simulator folder.

skip d

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 01:10:36 am »
Gotcha Umberto.....
Thanks for the advice and lengthy explanation !!!
Skip d