Author Topic: Next for MSFS  (Read 10613 times)

fls

Next for MSFS
« on: May 19, 2021, 03:16:03 pm »
Sorry, I know you busy but two Questions? when will we see next release for MSFS?  Will we get to see the same airports as I saw in fsx?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Next for MSFS
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 03:38:28 pm »
KCLT will be next, followed by KIAH.

KCLT will be updated too, with a new terminal and a new control tower. We *might* ( not sure yet ), offer it with a double P3D/MSFS shared license, like LSFB

KIAH will be updated too, with a new piece of terminal.

epgd

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 07:02:39 pm »
hello,
what about GSX for Msfs?  you told some time ago about images, vido sample to share... ?
brds
Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 11:10:58 pm »
what about GSX for Msfs?  you told some time ago about images, vido sample to share... ?

GSX is progressing daily and we are working full time on it ( not the same time that is doing the airports ), we'll share something more in due time.

ALL models and animations are being redone again, since we don't want to recycle the P3D objects, even if the PBR versions were already good, but the general level of quality in MSFS planes requires a matching higher level of quality in GSX vehicles too so, there's a lot to be done yet, but it will be worth the wait.

fls

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 11:37:08 pm »
How long will it take to get products to Microsoft store? ???

AirbusCaptain

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 03:49:42 pm »
Who is doing KLAX for MSFS? I feel so out of the loop. I do way more flying in MSFS than I do tweaking and browsing message boards like I did in P3D so I really don't know if this has been announced anywhere

aal763

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 02:01:44 am »
Who is doing KLAX for MSFS? I feel so out of the loop. I do way more flying in MSFS than I do tweaking and browsing message boards like I did in P3D so I really don't know if this has been announced anywhere

As of now, nobody has announced it as far as I know.  Perhaps, FSDT will update theirs in the future, but it is probably far down the list as the default sim has a decent KLAX already. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 08:49:54 am »
We are surely looking into KLAX but, right now, it might not be a good idea, because the airport is undergoing a huge renovation:

https://labusinessjournal.com/news/2020/nov/16/lax-would-add-2-terminals-under-new-proposal/

Which right now is just a proposal, and construction will start ( if approved ) in 2023. Also, there's another proposal to rebuild T6 as well.

This means:

- Doing KLAX now (which will take at least 1 year anyway), wouldn't be *that* much different than the MSFS version.

- Doing KLAX in a couple of years, might result having to model a big building site which would have to be updated anyway again.

- Doing KLAX later on, after the rebuilt is complete, is the thing that makes most sense, since the default MSFS version would be obsolete.

ravenn22

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 06:35:04 pm »
Since we're asking..... ;)

Are you planning on reworking / updating PHNL and the Hawaii vol 1 & 2 set of airports for MSFS?
Those were some of my favorites for FSX/P3D!

Thx!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2021, 06:54:31 pm »
Are you planning on reworking / updating PHNL

We already announced a complete remake of PHNL a while ago.

Nothing to announce about the other Hawaii airports right now.

ravenn22

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2021, 05:23:58 pm »
Are you planning on reworking / updating PHNL

We already announced a complete remake of PHNL a while ago.

Nothing to announce about the other Hawaii airports right now.

Fair enough - PHNL is a great start - thanks!

Kilo60

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2021, 08:28:25 pm »
Hawaii is a perfect spot for Airports in MSFS with all the great new low level scenery!

RichW

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2021, 12:26:31 am »
Would love to see KIAH. I hate having cars and trucks driving across taxiway SC when I'm taxiing on it to RWY9 ;-)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 02:58:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2021, 02:58:12 pm »
Would love to see KIAH. I hate having cars and trucks driving across taxiway SC when I'm taxiing on it to RWY9 ;-)

If you mean default MSFS 2020 car traffic running over, no airport add-on is currently able to fix these, since there's no SDK or documentation available that explains how to override the default road vector data.

bcm652

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2021, 06:20:53 pm »

Or during pushback !!

I'm glad Virtuali has explained the problem.