Author Topic: Default Jetway Model  (Read 1398 times)

miata54

Default Jetway Model
« on: May 15, 2021, 10:08:04 pm »
Umberto:

I am doing jetway conversions at a number of large airports that have over a 100 gates. My jetway of choice is the FSDT SODE JW1. After selecting "Parking has one jetway", I then go to the Jetway1 tab and what comes up is the entire list of available jetways with the "Apron Standard Jetway" listed as the default jetway. It is also the first on the list. The FSDT SODE Jetway is the second selection. I would like to change the default jetway model to the FSDT SODE JW1. I'm simply trying to reduce the number of selections and work load that I have to make to get the desired jetway model. I have tried using the "bulk" approach as shown in your video but have found that most of the jetways using this method do not line up in a believable position to the terminals. Hence I have to manually edit the jetways position using the Jetway Editor.

I have looked for a jetway XML file that would perhaps show the default jetway model but have nor been able to locate it. PM me if you can assist.

Thanks
Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Default Jetway Model
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 01:11:42 pm »
I have tried using the "bulk" approach as shown in your video but have found that most of the jetways using this method do not line up in a believable position to the terminals. Hence I have to manually edit the jetways position using the Jetway Editor.

The only jetway model that would likely match existing parking positions are the two variations ( sold or glass ) named "standard Jetway replacement", because these have been designed to have exactly the same dimensions of the default model and they have an embedded connecting bridge that has the same size as the default one.

But this, of course, is only valid for DEFAULT sceneries, or 3rd party sceneries that use the default jetway model. If you are trying to customize a 3rd party airport that use a custom jetway model, it's highly unlikely you'll find a single model that would match the scenery in bulk, you will always have to check all gates one by one, and adjust the model type, position and rotation and possibly the associated bridge too.

The change in bulk will only give you some starting situation, but it's impossible to create a customization for a 3rd party scenery without any manual adjustment. Especially considering the most important aspect of a successful customization is adapting the STOP position, which makes all the difference.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:13:19 pm by virtuali »

miata54

Re: Default Jetway Model
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 09:22:15 pm »
Thanks Umberto:

With a bit more familiarization of the app and a closer watch of your video, I discovered how to "bulk" choose the jetway I desired, for all gates. Just used the editor to fine tune the locations.