Author Topic: bug push back menu at arrival airport  (Read 1594 times)

Steven Silva

bug push back menu at arrival airport
« on: May 09, 2021, 12:42:25 am »
hello to all and all I have a problem with the GSX in P3D V5 with the latest hotfix. It turns out and it happens that this error or bug happens to me in 5 out of 10 flights that I do I am an airport of origin ZZZZ I select the pushback when it ends with the brakes on the tug is disconnected because I have deactivated the confirmation of engine start because it was also me generating blockage that I will mention below. When I arrive at my destination airport and start taxiing to a door, I select CTRL + F12 to select my position but it appears stuck in the menu in PUSHBACK of the airport of origin and I can do nothing to unlock and close my P3D since this does not It lets me do anything with GSX and the only way to solve this is by closing the P3D and reopening it and the truth is this error or bug is very frustrating. this happens to me with FSLABS and a few times with PMDGs. I appreciate your help

Steven Silva
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 07:00:08 pm by Steven Silva »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bug push back menu at arrival airport
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 01:10:29 pm »
The problem doesn’t have anything to do with GSX, it’s the simulator own menu that is stuck, it’s a known P3D bug that happens only with 5.1 and only when using the new Html menu system.

What’s really happening here, is another application calls the Simconnect menu, but instead of displaying what it’s supposed to display, it will show entries from a previous application the called the menu system, or it's just stuck.

You said Active Sky menu or the ATC menu doesn’t work, it’s likely one of these is showing the GSX menu instead, it’s not GSX that called it, it’s just the menu stuck with the last set of entries.

Since GSX pushback is usually the last menu you call before takeoff, I can see how easily one can be mislead this is a GSX issue, but it’s not, it’s just the simulator own menu that is stuck.

The most telling proof of this, is that is not fixed by restarting GSX (if it really was a GSX problem, it would, since GSX has no memory of a previous session between restarts), and it’s only fixed by restarting the sim.

Many users reported this is fixed by reverting to the previous Scaleform based menu, as explained here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=235715#p235715

Steven Silva

Re: bug push back menu at arrival airport
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 10:26:57 pm »

I'm testing how I'm doing with this help, thank you very much :D :D