Author Topic: Traffic Deadlock at FSDT Geneva  (Read 4592 times)

joscarcal

Traffic Deadlock at FSDT Geneva
« on: December 27, 2009, 08:36:47 am »
Hi everyone,

I have noticed a problem in my FSDT Geneva airport that is causing me a traffic deadlock at this wonderful airport.
I hope to solve it since I really like to spot AI at Geneva.
I use FSX and the original afcad received with the download.

The problem is as follows:

When AI traffic lands on runway 23 (i.e. from above the lake), it immediately turns to park through the first turning on the left (Taxi Path B). What is happening is that aircraft passing through this taxipath B and then to Taxiway A to reach their parking are encountering head on with traffic taxing out through taxiway A to depart using Runway 23.
This thing is stopping both traffic taxing in to park and traffic taxing out to depart and it is litterally stopping all AI movement.
I don't know if I explained well this problem, but I hope I did so.
Is there a way to force landing traffic to use other taxipaths further down the runway so that they enter the apron further down and not through B and so they don't meet head on with departing traffic ??
Can you please help and give me your suggestions ??

Regards and thanks,

joscarcal

HiFlyer

Re: Traffic Deadlock at FSDT Geneva
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 12:18:46 am »
Alpha India group has a nice afcad for fsdt Geneva that seems to work quite well for me. You might want to give it a look.
i7 920 @ 3.8ghz \ Coolermaster V8 Cpu Cooler \ Asus P6T Deluxe
Nvidia 280 Gpu \ 6 Gigs Corsair Ram \ Vista 64
X-Fi Extreme Music Audio
AntecTruepower Quattro 850w Psu \ Klipsch Thx Audio Speakers
Gateway FPD2485w 24' Monitor

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Traffic Deadlock at FSDT Geneva
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 04:28:47 pm »
Try turning down your traffic slider.  Real world airports are rarely above 25% capacity.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock