Author Topic: LiveUpdate crashing  (Read 5144 times)

Er!k

LiveUpdate crashing
« on: April 12, 2021, 10:45:25 am »
Hello Umberto,

Don't know if it is related to the server move, but today tried to run the LiveUpdate, and a few seconds after clicking the 'Next' button, the LiveUpdate program disappears without doing anything. I tried to enable logging, by manually creating the couatl.ini, but no log is created.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LiveUpdate crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 11:02:37 am »
Don't know if it is related to the server move, but today tried to run the LiveUpdate, and a few seconds after clicking the 'Next' button, the LiveUpdate program disappears without doing anything.

It's surely the antivirus. Configure it to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Exclusions list and run it again.

Er!k

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 12:51:31 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion! I am running ESET NOD32, and haven't had any issues yet. I tried to:
- temporarily deactivate the virusscanner
- adding the entire Addon Manager folder as an exclusion

Both did not work... I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling Vancouver, but after installation same issue with LiveUpdate.

Er!k

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 01:05:14 pm »
I also tried removing all products, Addon Manager folder and Virtuali folder under Settings. After installing the first scenery (Basel), LiveUpdate runs, I see Couatl_Updater2 in the details and after that it is gone again...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 01:24:39 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce it. Again, the only possible reason is the antivirus, that's the only thing that could explain a sudden quit with no errors of any kind.

Er!k

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 01:46:27 pm »
Update #2, after installing Vancouver, I managed to run the LiveUpdate succesfully once... Second time same issue. Could Couatl_Updater2.exe be the issue? It has a file size of 234kb.

Er!k

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 02:19:41 pm »
Update #3, issue is the Couatl_Updater2.exe file... When using LiveUpdate, it replaces this file with a small file which cannot be run. If I run the copy which came with Vancouver the sceneries are updated succesfully...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 02:23:41 pm by Er!k »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 04:15:34 pm »
Update #3, issue is the Couatl_Updater2.exe file... When using LiveUpdate, it replaces this file with a small file which cannot be run. If I run the copy which came with Vancouver the sceneries are updated succesfully...

I cannot reproduce any of what you are reporting. To be sure, I REMOVED the Couatl_Updater2.exe file, started Couatl_Updater.exe and it downloaded the correct file, which is about 3MB in size.

Sabre10

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 06:11:34 pm »
Hello, I'm getting "The remote server returned invalid data" when I try to update.

Any suggestions? I've just updated P3Dv5 to the latest hotfix, then registered the serial for my GSX2. But I can not update from the ingame Couatl Live Update. BTW is it the same like to update from the desktop's FSDT Live Update?

Thanks.

Sabre10

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 06:13:45 pm »
Hello, I'm getting "The remote server returned invalid data" when I try to update.

Any suggestions? I've just updated P3Dv5 to the latest hotfix, then registered the serial for my GSX2. But I can not update from the ingame Couatl Live Update. BTW is it the same like to update from the desktop's FSDT Live Update?

Thanks.

Ok, here:

I kind of have a different issue where I am getting a server error when clicking check LIVE update Is there a fix for this or what is going on??

That issue is not an issue.

We are moving to a new server right now, so the in-game notification of updates are not working right now. Just run the updater to get updates, which is what you would have to do anyway, since the only thing you are missing right now from inside the sim is the update notification.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:19:57 pm by Sabre10 »

Er!k

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 10:41:31 am »

I cannot reproduce any of what you are reporting. To be sure, I REMOVED the Couatl_Updater2.exe file, started Couatl_Updater.exe and it downloaded the correct file, which is about 3MB in size.
Hi Umberto, as of this morning I was succesfully able to use the LiveUpdate again... Don't know what happened but a new Couatl_Updater2.exe was downloaded (2,97 MB) and this one is working!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 08:47:09 am »
Hi Umberto, as of this morning I was succesfully able to use the LiveUpdate again... Don't know what happened but a new Couatl_Updater2.exe was downloaded (2,97 MB) and this one is working!

We haven't changed anything on the server. Most likely, your antivirus definitions might have been updated in the meantime, fixing the false positive bug they must have had before on that file.

jabloomf1230

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 09:16:29 pm »
I don't want to start a new thread, because today I encountered a similar problem that I've never seen before. The updater just closes leaving a small (1 KB) Couatl_Updater2.exe file. The file contains this:
Code: [Select]
<html>
<head>
<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0; url=http://192.168.1.1:80/blocking.asp?cat_id=78&mac=4CCC6A63AC8F&domain=update.fsdreamteam.com">
</head>
<body></body>
</html>

I assume something on my end is now blocking the download, but I turned off my anti-malware app and it made no difference. Thanks in advance.

Er!k

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 01:47:05 pm »
I get the same, thanks for the hint. It seems to be related to the antivirus on my router (TP Link Deco mesh). I could manually unblock it and now the updates goed through.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 01:48:57 pm by Er!k »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2021, 04:18:30 pm »
I get the same, thanks for the hint. It seems to be related to the antivirus on my router (TP Link Deco mesh). I could manually unblock it and now the updates goed through.

I went to the support page for that router, and it seems the included antivirus is Trend Micro so, I filed a false positive report for the updater.exe, and they already reclassified it as Safe.