Author Topic: Reinstalling after move to new computer.  (Read 3395 times)

ScottishMike

Reinstalling after move to new computer.
« on: June 10, 2023, 11:45:38 am »
I have purchased and was happily running both Zurich and Geneva for FS9 (FS2004) on my old win7 machine. The motherboard failed (after 10 years) so I have moved to a new PC running FS9 under win 10. I moved the scenery to a new SSD and now when I go to Zurich or Geneva the scenery shows up fine but the "Trial period.. has started" message appears and most of the scenery dissapears after a time.
I have run both FSDreamteam_Geneva.reg or the Zurich equivalent but get the error message:
  "Esselerate engine not found" and I am now getting the same message every time I start FS9.
How can I re-install the two airports?
I dont have records of invoice or serial numbers but can give you e-mail addresses off forum.
Thanks for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstalling after move to new computer.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 02:31:02 am »
I moved your post here, because you posted it in the MSFS section. Had you posted in the FS9 section, you might have noticed this post in this same section:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25107.msg165590.html#msg165590

ScottishMike

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 05:11:49 pm »
Thank you for re posting in FS9 support forum.
I downloaded the "stand alone" manager (it only seems to work from within FS9).
There seem to be two routes to re-install neither work.
When I start FS9 I get the message Esellerate ER7 (attached) click on YES and go to Esellerate ER8 (attached) then Esellerate ER9 Unable to connect. It then goes to screen Esellerate ER 10 clicking on NEXT I go to: Connection timed out Server not responding in time.
Once FS9 has started I can go to screen Esellerate ER4 then get screen Esellerate ER6. If this URL is pasted into my browser I get the infamous error 404.
How can I re-install my Zurich and Geneva sceneries?

ScottishMike

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 11:22:53 am »
No help?

ScottishMike

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 10:08:13 am »
Any help or advice?

ScottishMike

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 10:51:44 am »
Still no support?

ScottishMike

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2023, 10:57:56 am »
You are still selling both Zurich and Geneva for FS9 there must be a way I can re-download and activate both?
Thanks in advance for your help.

ScottishMike

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2023, 10:41:40 pm »
Any suggestions?

ScottishMike

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2023, 10:22:27 pm »
I thought this was the support section of the forum. Is there any support? >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2023, 08:38:06 pm »
I downloaded the "stand alone" manager (it only seems to work from within FS9).

That's normal.

"Stand-Alone" doesn't mean you can use it outside the simulator, it only means the installer is "Stand-Alone", meaning it only contains the Addon Manager, instead of having it included as part of a scenery installation so, basically, it's a smaller installer.

If this URL is pasted into my browser I get the infamous error 404.

Of course you get a 404 error: the Esellerate servers closed in 2019, so it's entirely normal you would see that page. The software still contains support for the Esellerate system, but that's ONLY to allow users that never updated or changed their existing PCs to continue to use their original Esellerate activation they got locally, because our software never "calls home" to verify ìthe activation, the only time it does connect, is when you need a NEW activation, that is on a new PC, or an old PC that has either reinstalled from scratch or updated with major hardware components. So, Esellerate is still there, but you cannot do a new activation on it: new activations are only possible with the new QLM/Soraco system, and the updated Addon Manager,

But that's only the OFFLINE activation page, it's not the normal activation method, which is of course far easier and automated, the OFFLINE activation you are seeing, is the one from Esellerate (which as I've said is still there to support users that never updated their PCs, so they don't need to connect), so we shouldn't be surprised it doesn't work, but rather why you are seeing it, on a NEW system, which will first try the normal ONLINE activation on QLM/Soraco first.

The most likely causes for the offline activation page to come up, assuming your system IS really connected to the internet are:

- Your firewall is blocking online access to the program, so it thinks there's no internet.

OR

- Your antivirus has blocked the installation of the updated Addon Manager, so you are still getting the old version, which first failed because it didn't find the Esellerate servers (of course, they closed in 2019), so it reverted to the offline activation, which cannot work on a new system, because the Esellerate page to activate offline is gone like the rest of their servers.

OR

- You installed a scenery using its installer AFTER you updated the Addon Manager. This is a problem, because we only updated the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with the new QLM/Soraco system, not the various installers for FS9, so if you install a scenery *after* the Addon Manager, the scenery installer will "downgrade" it to an Esellerate-only version, which will never work.

So, be sure you turn off your firewall, and be sure you added the whole FS9 folder folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS, and reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as the LAST thing you do.

usherp

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 02:28:09 am »
Hello,
I recently had a hard drive replacement which meant my FS9 had to be rebuilt. When using the new installer for the FSDT scenery, I did not need a key, but all i see is ground textures and no terminals. Can you tell me how you had success reinstalling the scenery with the newest installer? 

Thanks
Philip U