Author Topic: LVar for Refueling  (Read 3101 times)

torsten

LVar for Refueling
« on: March 23, 2021, 09:46:27 am »
Hello,

is there a LVar available or planned for the final amount of fuel like the LVar's for the Passengers?

I use the Refueling System of my Aircraft for refueling and after GSX start refueling, i let my own little Application
refuel the Aircraft to see the Fuel Gauges raising the Fuel amount.

But a LVAr would me much more eaysy for that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LVar for Refueling
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 11:01:00 am »
If you are using an airplane that use its own refueling system, GSX doesn't know the final amount of fuel, because what it does, is monitoring the total fuel quantity, and considers fueling to have stopped if there hasn't been any fuel increments for more than 5 seconds.

torsten

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 05:07:07 pm »
Ahh, ok, an important info for me, thanks.
So GSX checks every 5 sec if the Fuel amount is still rising. So i can adjust my Timer.
How many Fuel (Gal/Kg) is GSX loading per second or minute or 5 sec, it means how fast is GSX refuiling?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 11:00:09 am »
How many Fuel (Gal/Kg) is GSX loading per second or minute or 5 sec, it means how fast is GSX refuiling?

It depends if the aircraft is flagged using a custom fuel system. Most of the popular payware ( FS Labs, PMDG, Aerosoft, Leonardo, etc. ) are, which means GSX is NOT refueling them, it only adapting its animations and its fuel counter to what the airplane is doing, and it's also different depending if the airplane is refueling itself PROGRESSIVELY or not.

- If the airplane is refueling progressively by itself, GSX will use the fuel rising in the last 5 seconds detection method to know when the airplane finished refueling itself and, in the meantime, it matches its own fuel counter with the raising fuel quantity controlled by the airplane so, the refueling speed in this case will be entirely controlled by the airplane.

- If the airplane is refueled instantly, what GSX does depends if you have the "Always refuel progressively option" checked in the GSX Settings.

If it's checked, GSX will animate the fuel counter and the crew AS IF GSX were refueling itself ( but it's not really refueling, the aircraft already did that, instantly, in this case ), so the refueling speed depends on the "fuel_pump_gpm" parameter in the SIM.CFG of the refueler used so, for example, the bigger tanker TZA45FM has a fuel pump capable of 1000 gallons per hour. If it's not checked, the refueling will be extremely fast, lasting only a few seconds.

On airplanes NOT flagged as using a custom fuel system, instead, GSX WILL actually refuel them, at the speed of the "fuel_pump_gpm" parameter, as above, the only difference is that it will doing it for real, actually filling tanks. This is typical in default airplanes, freeware airplanes and any other airplane that doesn't come with a custom fuel system, so it can be safely refueled by GSX.

torsten

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 12:01:56 pm »
So, IF I AM RIGHT

If i use my Refuiling Timer in my APP and add 100Kg Fuel every 5sec, GSX recognices this and the counter at the Fuel truck shows that ( round about )

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 01:34:05 pm »
If i use my Refuiling Timer in my APP and add 100Kg Fuel every 5sec, GSX recognices this and the counter at the Fuel truck shows that ( round about )

Yes, that should work.

The 5 seconds period should more precisely described as follows:

- When fuel stops increasing, GSX will consider the airplane to have stopped refueling itself ( so it will send the truck away ) within 5 seconds.

torsten

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 08:28:46 am »
Ok, thanks