Author Topic: Jetways from nowhere!  (Read 8649 times)

RobertO1035

Jetways from nowhere!
« on: March 16, 2021, 12:19:47 am »
I noticed these jetways at the end of the Delta terminal at JFK.  No buildings are attached. 

How do I get rid of them?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways from nowhere!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 10:25:03 am »
It seems you have a conflicting AFCAD from another scenery, check the AFCAD in use by GSX in the parking customization page.

RobertO1035

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 06:20:01 am »
Where are AFCAD files stored?  Or, are they BGL files?

Where can I find out more about parking utilization?  And is there a way to detect conflicting AFCADs? 

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 08:13:30 pm »
My previous answer already contained all the information you needed to know the name of the file in use by GSX, I'll repeat it again:

It seems you have a conflicting AFCAD from another scenery, check the AFCAD in use by GSX in the parking customization page.

RobertO1035

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 09:14:26 pm »
It looks like it is KJFK_FSDT.BGL.  That's if I'm reading that correctly.

If that is the case, then it should be the correct AFCAD.  How does one find a conflicting file though?

Thanks!

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 09:00:10 am »
 Check your AI. Traffic Global for instance adds a couple of thousand afcads to your sim. You are better off to just ditch it entirely and use different AI.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 06:05:55 pm by Dave_YVR »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 11:02:17 am »
Also remove any GSX customization file that you might have made or downloaded, which might have been made for a different/older version of the scenery.

RobertO1035

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 02:38:05 pm »
I did have Traffic Global, but ditched it.  How do I make sure there are no residual file from it?  Now, I use Ultimate Traffic Live.

I never downloaded any customized GSX files.  I've left it as clean as possible. 

Thanks!

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 06:04:00 pm »
 Check to see if you still have the TrafficGlobal afcads leftover in your system.
 They would have been located C:\Users\XXX\Documents\TrafficGlobal\AirportFacilities.

RobertO1035

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 04:21:15 pm »
Hi Dave!

There isn't even a folder for Traffic Global in my documents folder.  Could there be anywhere else files would go?

This is so strange.  KJFK is the only JFK add-on that I have for that area.  So, it's a real mystery where that conflicting AFCAD is located.   

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 11:15:58 pm »
 That's a good sign that TG was fully uninstalled then. How about look in your C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX folder to see if you have any KJFK files. If so remove (don't delete though) it and try the sim again.
 Based on the screenshot, it's trying to add gates to the regional parking that doesn't have jetways.

RobertO1035

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 05:46:38 am »
It seems to have been corrected.  I un-installed the scenery and loaded the default KJFK.  The jetways weren't there.  So, I figured it was a problem native to the FSDT version.  I deleted a KJFK file in the GSX library in the roaming folder.  Then, I re-installed the scenery and those jetways weren't there.

Thank you very much for your help!

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2021, 02:29:44 pm »
I deleted a KJFK file in the GSX library in the roaming folder.

That's exactly what I asked to do in one of the previous replies:

Also remove any GSX customization file that you might have made or downloaded, which might have been made for a different/older version of the scenery.

You must have an old customization, made for an old version of the scenery, before some terminal changed. GSX customization are in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder.

RobertO1035

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2021, 04:56:01 pm »
Yes, but Dave broke it down for me and told me where to look.  I didn't know what a GSX customization file was, or where it was located. :)

Thanks!