Author Topic: Isn't windsock 180 degrees wrong direction?  (Read 14660 times)

vbazillio

Isn't windsock 180 degrees wrong direction?
« on: March 15, 2021, 07:03:36 pm »
Hello FSDT,

I just acquired Quiberon scenery and notice that the windsock is 180 degrees mis-oriented.

Any chance for a fix?

Reference: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/fix-for-windsock-blowing-the-wrong-way.448756/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 11:19:18 am by virtuali »

vbazillio

Re: Isn't windsock 180 degrees wrong direction?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 10:50:32 am »
Hello FSDT,
Almost 3 weeks later and not even an acknowledgment on this post ? Yes... no ? "We work on it" ? "We aren't able to reproduce the problem" ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 11:21:00 am »
It's a bug of the default Windsock so, it's possible it will be fixed so, when it will, it will be fixed for all windsocks in the world, that's why it won't make sense to change just this scenery, which will have to be changed again when the default windsock will be fixed.

vbazillio

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 11:40:37 am »
Thanks for your reply. But it looks like a lazy attitude as other scenery developpers have just set 0 instead of the -179 degrees when adding the windsock in the scenery. It's so easy to correct in the xml or via the scenery editor. Windsock are pointed 180 degrees by default only when adding them during the design process.

;(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 09:59:26 am »
But it looks like a lazy attitude as other scenery developpers have just set 0 instead of the -179 degrees when adding the windsock in the scenery.

It's not a "lazy" attitude, it's the correct attitude, because we sell products on the MS Marketplace and, to publish an update there takes weeks and, if "other developers" all did the same, and sent updates that would be very short lived, requiring another update as soon Asobo fixes the default windsock to be oriented following the MSFS standard for all other thousands of objects, the MS Marketplace would be stuck for months just to release and re-release those updates, making it less usable for everybody.

vbazillio

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 02:22:26 pm »
I acquired Quiberon product directly from FSDT. Not thru the Microsoft Market Place because of what you mentioned. And because I always prefer direct business with the developer. In this case, it's my mistake ;)

Now, I have to suffer of the windsock issue because FSDT distributs theirs products through a channel I'm not using. Why don't FSDT release an update (it's a 3 digit in an xml file) the same way I acquire directly the product ? I don't understand why one of your distribution channel should impact the direct customer experience of the other.

But for sure and at the end of the day it's "no big deal", now I more than reluctant to acquire any FSDT products because of all this thread ;) We progress... kind of.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 03:54:50 pm »
I acquired Quiberon product directly from FSDT. Not thru the Microsoft Market Place because of what you mentioned. And because I always prefer direct business with the developer. In this case, it's my mistake

You got it backwards. Yes, we COULD release a quick fix but the issue is the opposite: we don't want to let users buying on the MS Marketplace feel discriminated, like it happened in the past.

Now, I have to suffer of the windsock issue because FSDT distributs theirs products through a channel I'm not using.

And of course, users on the MS Marketplace would have to "suffer" because we released a fix on a channel THEY don't use.

ldumas

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 01:40:55 pm »
Hello,

I acquired your Quiberon product from the MS Market and I have an incorrect windsock too. I also acquired another airport from the MS Market (not a FSDREAMTEAM product) and the windsock is perfect.

I don't know what is wrong with your windsock and I don't care. Refusing a fix to your customers is not fair. Maybe you'll have to provide a new fix if ASOBO decide to change something related to windsocks in the future, that's part of the business. I fully agree with the previous customer : don't be LAZY.

Please provide a fix, a complete package, a simple file to download from your website to replace a file in the installed airport folder, a list of steps to change a value directly in one of your airport files.. whatever, choose the solution you prefer. But please give us a fix.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 09:18:51 am »
I acquired your Quiberon product from the MS Market and I have an incorrect windsock too.

All sceneries bought on our site has already the fixed Windsocks because, once we was it wasn't fixed by Asobo in WU4, we fixed it on our side but, of course, this is only valid for products bought on our site, since they can be easily updated with our Live Updater.

Products sold on the MS Marketplace require to be approved again, and it might take weeks, because there's a queue of new products coming out and old products updates, and it's not something we can control.